cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservw7psray7p
Asteroid

Accidental touch protection not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

S8+ sm-g955u Accident touch protection not working. Dials random numbers and even starts music player. Android version 9

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uservw7psray7p
Asteroid

Re: Accidental touch protection not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pretty clear it's not the only device it's happening on. Personally I have tried safe mode and the problem persisted. I was told I need to send my phone in for a repair when the problem has to do with the Android 9 update. I personally took the time to address the issue including dialing 911, now users are now coming forward experiencing the same thing with no "fix". I got tired of waiting for action and went to iPhone being an android user all my life. Problem solved. Samsung you just lost a valuable customer playing with your thumbs.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservw7psray7p Have you gone in your display settings and adjusted the touch sensitivity?

uservw7psray7p
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Accidential touch protection is turned on if thats what you're reffering to. There is no adjustment to sensitivity listed. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservw7psray7p Ok, do you know if this issue still happens when your phone is in safe mode?

uservw7psray7p
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still happens in safe mode. I can cover the top of the phone sensors and the screen does not go black like the previous android version did. It is getting very anoying especially leaving it in my sweatty pocket in the day then my music player starts playing. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservw7psray7p Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

uservw7psray7p
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I do that regularly. I first started having the problem when I took the android 9 upgrade. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservw7psray7p  Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model Number
  • IMEI Number
userKpKQ3kGLIB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It hasn't been working for me either with my Samsung 8 plus. it's been weeks where the phone is in my pocket and it will start dialing somebody. If I put my finger over the camera still it senses my finger if I touch the the home button at the bottom. This is really annoying.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKpKQ3kGLIB Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?