cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGFmrd5vaKw
Constellation

Re: After latest update S8 stuck in perpetual rebooting

I spoke with Jose  at Samsung support this morning and he was very helpful.

He told me to hold the Volume Down and Power Button (no Bixby button this time) and the phone started up. I managed to go through the initial setup on the phone - it rebooted a time or two during the process. 

Sadly, the phone ended up at the same Security Error as before. 

Thankfully, Jose told me the phone was still under warranty, and gave me a case number to take to UBreakIFix.

H8L8stUpdate
Asteroid

And what on earth is the meaning of THIS?:

"Security Error: This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked. Call your mobile operator for additional support. Please note that repair/return for this issue may have additional cost."

Honored Contributor

I have see that error message on some forums.  Update could of gotten wrong.  Try SmartSwitch on your PC and see if it will help you recover your device.  There is a section with Emergency firmware recovery.  

userGFmrd5vaKw
Constellation

I have a phone exhibiting the same behaviour, although I cannot confirm it happened as the result of an update.  The phone is from one of my users and he hadn't had it a week when this happened. I have encountered the same screens as @H8L8stUpdate.  

I have difficulty getting it to come back to life after it reboots from either of these screens. The phone stays black whether plugged in or not.  At time of writing, the phone is still black.

After finding this article, I have instructed my staff not to install any updates for fear more than one phone may be affected.

H8L8stUpdate
Asteroid

@SamsungZell wrote:

Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device? It is recommended after updates to clear stored cache files.

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Did all that.

Now I get again a blue/green screen that says:

"Security Error: This phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked. Call your mobile operator for additional support. Please note that repair/return for this issue may have additional cost."

I installed an update and because of that, now my S8 is a brick.