cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userqr3gDKGM33
Constellation

AkG earbuds stop working?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. I just got the galaxy s8 and after using the earbuds that came from the case together with the phone (akg earbuds) no sound is coming out? I thought  it was the phone but other earbuds and even headphones i can listen to any sound (music and phone sounds) but the akg isnt. Still the earbud works when i want to lower the volume  and even pause the music but no sound.  Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: AkG earbuds stop working?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like the earbuds themselves are just not working, but the controls on them still are. This very well could be hardware related. By chance if you plugged those AKG earbuds into another device to see if you get any sound from them at all? If you do not, then you'll need to reach out to the Support Team, let them know what's going on, and hopefully get those replaced for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like the earbuds themselves are just not working, but the controls on them still are. This very well could be hardware related. By chance if you plugged those AKG earbuds into another device to see if you get any sound from them at all? If you do not, then you'll need to reach out to the Support Team, let them know what's going on, and hopefully get those replaced for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

Manuel Perez
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How could I talk to the support team?
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user58ZI5e86e9

You can reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-726-7864).

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usercg6XCW67HK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My AKG'S plug was bent and I'm terrified to use them. What do I do and can I just send them to Samsung for a replacement?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercg6XCW67HK

You should be able to call in to Samsung or contact your place of purchase to get that swapped for a new set of earbuds.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userfqhbnISkfJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was listening to music on my s9+ and the left earphone has gone very quiet no matter what device i use them on dont know why all of a sudden it went quiet.

useriQZy7wOnr4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

The same thing happened to me this morning. I purchased my S9+ a month ago and the left earbud's sound is softer than the right ear bud. I have tried using them with two other devices to make sure and the same result.

What is the usual protocol to get these replaced? I live in Cape Town, South Africa.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for stopping by the US support page! We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks! 

user5N9t8fWqMT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My akg's produce a wayyy lower volume than before and this is my second pair that did this