cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user23v1p8ieMH
Asteroid

All of my contacts are gone, from my S8, after recent Update, plus text tones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What happened and how to fix? I had contacted Samsung when the 1st update, last week, removed my personalized text tones and the option. They said was aware and it would be corrected with new update. Got the new update and now, not only, my text tones are gone, but also ALL MY CONTACTS!!!I tried to import back, but they are gone too! HEELLLPPP!!!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user23v1p8ieMH
Asteroid

Re: All of my contacts are gone, from my S8, after recent Update, plus text tones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ty for responding, but I fixed it myself. Had contacted support, and used Smart Tutorial, but they weren't successful. And yes, I had been backing up to Goggle. They were gone there, also. But I started digging deeper, while in Google, and found an older backup from a month ago. I restored to my phone, successfully. I did lose some saved texts, but that's ok, I got all of my contacts back. I have been a Samsung user since 2005, this S8 is the worse ever. Lost so many user friendly options with it, it is ridiculous. I wished never had gotten it. But, thanks for trying to help.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Supernova

Re: All of my contacts are gone, from my S8, after recent Update, plus text tones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear about that, @user23v1p8ieMH. Would you mind providing us with some information about your device so that we can look into this immediately?

* Model number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find most of this information in Settings > About Phone.

Were you backing up your contacts to Google?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about this. Were you able to provide me some details about your device so that I can look into what may be causing your contacts to disappear?

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user23v1p8ieMH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ty for responding, but I fixed it myself. Had contacted support, and used Smart Tutorial, but they weren't successful. And yes, I had been backing up to Goggle. They were gone there, also. But I started digging deeper, while in Google, and found an older backup from a month ago. I restored to my phone, successfully. I did lose some saved texts, but that's ok, I got all of my contacts back. I have been a Samsung user since 2005, this S8 is the worse ever. Lost so many user friendly options with it, it is ridiculous. I wished never had gotten it. But, thanks for trying to help.

View solution in original post

IvonneM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where did you find this backup kn google? I have the same problem just now! Thanks

IvonneM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks

userTUFiS8FxJm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have all of my contacts. However, just wondering when we will get the fix for personalized notification tones for contacts. Also, when we can select our own general notification tone.

useri5Z86VK1SF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem currently myself.  Any help on this would be appreciated.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well, @useri5Z86VK1SF. Did you backup your contacts on your Google or Samsung account?

user23v1p8ieMH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I had, but they were gone also. Fortunately, I had my contacts on an older phone. Was able to retrieve through Google. Still don't have text tones.