cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KelviN2907
Asteroid

Android 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Comunity. I have a questions for all the S8 family users and Note 8 Users too. And of course everyone who knows about this issue. Who still running Andorid Oreo on your devices? Because since the update to Android 9 "rolled out" I never received a notification about update my phone. Even I checked myself and tried to update automatically and the phone said: Your phone is up to date. This is because any issue on my software or something? I really appreciate your time by answering this question. 

My S8+ (US AT&T) version: SM-G559U 

Firmware: G955USQS3CRE2

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Android 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SIM unlocks will persist regardless of the firmware present on the device. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. Can you include your model number, and the current firmware version listed in settings? 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
KelviN2907
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! Thank you for your answer. I already added the firmware and phone version.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I'm not mistaken this firmware released around May of last year, correct? The security patch should state May-August.

Assuming this is the case, your device has missed several security patches, in addition to the initial Pie rollout. Since you're on ATT there's a way to force OTAs. You have to call customer service and ask for a technician. 

The initial person you speak with lacks the ability to push updates, that's why it's necessary ask for a higher rep.

KelviN2907
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Leinz I bought this phone on April 13rd. Everything was ok until this problem. The phone is an unlocked version  and I'm not in the USA. Can I update manually my phone? Or need more support from AT team? Thanks for your previous comment. That really has solved my question for about 4 months without any answer.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah, now it makes sense! ATT phones need to be active on their towers in order to receive updates. I figured you were using them as a provider.

The phone would need to be flashed with the unlocked model's firmware (U1 XAA) in order to get updates without trouble, but there's no official method to do so. 

KelviN2907
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Leinz Hey thanks for that information! Just one more thing, I had to unlock the phone in my native country. So if I flash the phone with the unlocked version firmware. There's a possibility that the unlocked just gone and have to re-unlock it? If there's no trouble it's all what I wanted to find out for so long.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SIM unlocks will persist regardless of the firmware present on the device. 

View solution in original post

KelviN2907
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Leinz Thank so much for helping me. I'm really grateful Smiley Very Happy that's all for me. Finally I had an answerSmiley Happy

KelviN2907
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Leinz And there's a possibility to update the phone via OTA with Odin? With some firmware?

@Leinz wrote:

If I'm not mistaken this firmware released around May of last year, correct? The security patch should state May-August.

Assuming this is the case, your device has missed several security patches, in addition to the initial Pie rollout. Since you're on ATT there's a way to force OTAs. You have to call customer service and ask for a technician. 

The initial person you speak with lacks the ability to push updates, that's why it's necessary ask for a higher rep.

@Leinz wrote: