Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user50Bf0YhvI2
Constellation

Android Pie - Camera not focusing, blurry photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked Galaxy S8+, AT&T.

This past weekend, I installed Android Pie and an update (so my OS is up-to-date).  Since then, what was once a great camera has turned into a white elephant.

Note: I made no other changes to the phone. I did not install a new cover or screen protector. I did not drop the phone at any time. All I did was "upgrade"  the OS to Android Pie, do all the system updates & update all my apps.

But now when I try to take a picture, the image I see is blurry. I can sometimes get it into focus by shaking the phone, moving it side to side, putting the camera at an angel to the object I want to take a picture. Sometimes, one of these actions will bring the camera into focus, at least for one picture. I have tried turning on/off various camera options, but none seem to make any difference.

Let me repeat, prior to the "upgrade", the camera focused immediately (& it didn't seem to matter what options I set). Now, it doesn't focus immediately and I can get it to focus properly only intermittently.  I've made no other changes to the phone.

Can't say I've been impressed by the new UI. I waited a couple months in the hope that problems would be discovered and solved, but either I didn't wait long enough or the new UI is a dud.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user50Bf0YhvI2
Constellation

Re: Android Pie - Camera not focusing, blurry photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just tried. Forced stop and cleared cache. Seems to be working. Still takes a couple seconds to focus, so that's  slower than before, but if it works reliably, I'll be happy.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried force stop and clearing the cache on the camera app? Are you using the stock app?

user50Bf0YhvI2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just tried. Forced stop and cleared cache. Seems to be working. Still takes a couple seconds to focus, so that's  slower than before, but if it works reliably, I'll be happy.