cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Android Update

How can I download android updates for my S8 through Mobile Data instead of Wi-Fi? 
I see by default it takes wifi. no option for user..
Appreciate your Help!
#Andriod Update #Mobile data
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Android Update

Hello. Just to be clear, are you talking about phone updates or updates through Google Play? And why do you need this setting to be mobile data? Phone updates are very large and are easier to download through Wi-Fi. Plus you are saving mobile data doing it through Wi-Fi.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi. Thanks for the response.
It is the Phone update but not OS upgrade. It is the monthly security patch update. Currently, I am in remote place, no wifi. so looking for option download and install 90 MB file. For past 2 months patch update was pending.
Greatly welcomed any resolution for this?

thank you
🍻
Highlighted
Asteroid

Ah. First check to see if the update is available for download from your carriers website. If so, download it > hook your phone up to your computer > click install on the download and than follow the prompts. Hope that helps.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Android Update

ya, update is available. let me try it
Highlighted
Comet

I thought if you read threw the changeling before accepting to download the update, doesnt it have an issue to choose over wifi or not? thought mine had as i NEVER really use wifi. wifi drains ur battery faster than 4g and most 4g signals are as fast as Comcast cables bottom line internet speeds.
try scrolling threw what it says ull receive with the update and see if there's an option. if not try going to settings, connections wifi...3dot menu...click advanced and check to switch to mobile data or use other options
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Android Update

thank you, but it doesn't work. even I switched to mobile data as default option and tried to choose install it asks for wifi...
Highlighted
Comet

perhaps its just to big of a file for regular data download. if you dont have Wi-Fi...be slick, go to a DD or a MCDs or any other place with free Wi-Fi and download it there.