cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lukss203
Constellation

Android Version

Hi there!!

Which is the actual version of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus??

It has been upgraded with Android Oreo, I know... But what about Android Pie??

And... If it has Android 9, then, is it the same UI (One UI) of newer devices (Such as Samsung Galaxy A70)??

Thanks in advance!!

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung_B2VU3du
Astronaut

A10e

A10e

Neutron Star

Re: Android Version

@Lukss203 wrote:

Hi there!!

Which is the actual version of the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus??

It has been upgraded with Android Oreo, I know... But what about Android Pie??

And... If it has Android 9, then, is it the same UI (One UI) of newer devices (Such as Samsung Galaxy A70)??

Thanks in advance!!

Depends on the model # of your devices.  If you bought them unlocked though Samsung.com or through you carrier?

Lukss203
Constellation

I didn't bought it (Yet) but I'll buy it Unlocked probably via eBay or Amazon... 

And what are you talking about when you say "model #"???

Highlighted

I switched to an iPhone 8+, but my backup is a Samsung US unlocked S8.  On Sprint the S8 is on Android Pie August security patch level with One UI version 1.0.  Updates depend on Samsung releasing then carrier so somebody with same phone on Tmobile or another carrier may be on different operating system.  Since Pie was the 2nd op system update it is near zero that it will go to Android 10 so keep that in mind as you consider your purchase.  

Samsung_MA6uwHx
Astronaut

I have A10

I have A10