cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userABuZ0WHkVy
Asteroid

App Issues after July Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated my device in July and have been experiencing various issues with a couple apps I use regularly. First, iHeart Radio app goes silent after screen blacks out and I have to unlock the phone to make it work again. This typically happens when I'm in the shower so getting back to the phone to turn it back on is challenging. I've resorted to leaving the phone set to max display which is 10 minutes resulting in less battery life.

The other issue is with Audible. It doesn't seem to be syncing with their website like it used to which can be annoying to find your place when listening to books.

Both apps have been updated. I have also reached out to both companies for feedback on their respective apps but this only happened after the update.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userABuZ0WHkVy
Asteroid

Re: Maybe try to Clear Device Cache Partition and see it help...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It did not work - I wiped it and started over. Now it's working fine. Thanks for all the suggestions - wish it had helped.

4 REPLIES 4
Comet

Maybe try to Clear Device Cache Partition and see it help...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe try to Clear Device Cache Partition and see it helps. Usually Clearing Cache Partition helps with apps issues after doing updates. To do so follow the instructions in the link:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37147

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

userABuZ0WHkVy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Those instructions were for the S9 and I have an S8. I looked up the same process for the S8 but was unable to figure out how to do it. So far, no solutions. In addition, my phone randomly turns off when connected to my vehicle - this is also new since the latest update which turns out was Aug 4 and not July.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The instructions are the same for the S8 as they are the S9. 

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches.

You also need to make sure the apps are not in Sleeping apps or listed under battery optimization. Please see the below links for directions on how to access these settings.

Removed Apps from Sleeping apps

Optimize Apps' Battery Usage on a Phone or Tablet

In regards to the phone disconnecting in your vehicle, look at the Bluetooth app and perform the same steps.

userABuZ0WHkVy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It did not work - I wiped it and started over. Now it's working fine. Thanks for all the suggestions - wish it had helped.