cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2Eh75sNhwS
Asteroid

Apps refreshing continuously

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had issues with my S6 Active refreshing apps while I used it, so went in to trade up to an iPhone. AT&T convinced me to stay with Samsung with a free phone deal for the S8. It ran fine for the first day or 2, but now I'm having the same issues again with both the keyboard crashing down while I type and apps (mainly facebook, google, and snapchat) refreshing while im using them, sometimes seconds after the last refresh. It is so frustrating I'm contemplating begging AT&T to take the S8 back and let me upgrade instead to an iPhone. 

Any advice on what to do? Nothing I've done has helped!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Apps refreshing continuously

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @user2Eh75sNhwS
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

49 REPLIES 49
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @user2Eh75sNhwS
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user2Eh75sNhwS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your answer! I've tried all of those (again) and still no relief. Now my messaging app also will refresh and pull down my keyboard when I'm using it. I've tried wiping cache, but when I go to do so, it brings up a screen about iOS and says hit up to continue or down to cancel. When I hit up it just says "downloading" for a ridiculous amount of time. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to verify, it was still doing this while in Safe Mode, or just when you weren't in that mode?

user2Eh75sNhwS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After looking into all apps on safe mode again, uninstalled and disabled anything I don't use and it's much better now. Few crashes but much better. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wonderful! Glad to hear things are better.   Smiley Happy

userpOvhNYwYxm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s6 is doing the same thing. This is now the 3rd time I'm trying to type this but it keeps refreshing. I've tried all steps suggested and it still occurs in safemode. Everything just constantly refreshes...including text messaging 

user2Eh75sNhwS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally got it to stop for the most part. Figured out it was my Bluetooth causing the refresh, so I turn it off unless I'm driving and need it. When it's off it doesn't do the refreshing. 

Highlighted
userUhJsuKYWmm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having this problem too. I think it is the Bluetooth. I use the fossil q app which connects to my smart phone using Bluetooth. I think we have found the solution.

userARYl0mjUO5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is doing this and  Bluetooth isn't even on.