cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZbx7kN4p0Z
Astronaut

Apps refreshing continuously

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm so glad that I found this thread. It led me to realize that the problem was being caused in my Galaxy S8+ by my Skagen hybrid watch constantly connecting and disconnecting from the Bluetooth. Every time it connected or disconnected my app or screen would refresh. The solution for my problem was to disconnect the Skagen hybrid from the Bluetooth. I'm not sure if the constant connection and disconnection is caused by the distance of the watch from my phone since I am not wearing it. My next test is to wear the watch, connect it to the Bluetooth, and see if the connection and disconnection continues to occur.
Highlighted
userrX2seK5b4k
Constellation

Re: Apps refreshing continuously

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the S8+, but do not have any of the watches listed so far. I do have a fit bit, but tried turning off Bluetooth, and uninstalling the fit bit app, but it still happens.  I believe this also causes my WIFI calls to disconnect.

This happened across two brand new S8+ phones.

Any other solutions? This is infuriating. 

Critic4U
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Switch to Global. Problem Solved; however, if still having issues goto Settings > About Phone > Tap On Build Number five times to enable developer mode > Then go back to settings > then goto bottom of page should see developer options > make sure Aggressive WiFi/ cell handover is turned on and Keep Mobile Data turned on to the on position. 

This is what I did to resolve the issues since the solved solution didn't work, no more refreshing and I can still have my Watch connected at the same time.

user7eGZMshoCJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Bluetooth is never on, and I have a Samsung Gear 2 watch, but it's dead, disconnected, and I never use it... and I've been having this problem for years since I had my Samsung S7 edge.  I have an S8+ now. I literally can't take it anymore.  YouTube goes black when I watch a video and I can't scroll through or read something in Instagram or Facebook without it refreshing all the way to the top.  No thread has a viable solution and I've been searching for one on and off for years without luck.  My boyfriend on the other hand, has a S7 edge that uses the Gear 3 and Bluetooth all the time. No problems...

userrX2seK5b4k
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm still proving this out, but I only seem to have this issue when I'm at my house, where cell signal is very weak.

So, while at home, I'm putting my S8+ in airplane mode, then switch WIFI on to see if it happens to be cell signal related

So far, (probably 3 days of active testing) that has "solved" the refreshing issue for me.

Would be great to know why this happens...because this isn't a solution.

donfesto86
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issues! Turned off my Bluetooth and everything works. The only difference I had is that I starts doing the reshing after 8 pm. I have my Fossil Q connected all day and I don't have issues during the day. But after reading these comments I turned my Bluetooth off and now it's all good!

userEmFQfwLjFf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had been noticing this issue for a while, with Facebook, Chrome, Messages refreshing constantly. I have the Pixel 2 and a Skagen Hybrid watch. After reading this thread, found that the refresh was occuring every time bluetooth disconnected or reconnected, which was occurring frequently because it was at the edge of bluetooth range with the watch in another room.

Used IFTTT to log bluetooth connections and disconnections with the watch while the watch was in another room for an hour, followed by an hour wearing the watch with the phone nearby.

In the hour tested with the watch in another room, I logged 32 connections & 31 disconnections - would cause 63 refreshes. In the following hour testing with the watch on my wrist, I logged 0 connections & 0 disconnections.

If you find the same, disconnect the watch/turn off bluetooth when you're not wearing it to avoid the refresh issue. Might be the same with other bluetooth devices, didn't test using any others.

userWqFMp5tnbH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone started refreshing the screen about.. 1 month ago, completely random, I never use Bluetooth. When it happens  a blue and green circle pops up on the screen! This screen pops up in the middle, lower , to the left lower corner and if I am using YouTube, trying to type,which removes the cursor or some websites that refreshes it back to the top is there as fix?? This started after the last android update

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userWqFMp5tnbH

When this circle comes up, do you notice if it is tied to any app? Does it appear only when using certain apps, or just now and then randomly? You mentioned this also limits what you can do on YouTube. Have you tried clearing the cache and data on that application? You can do that by going to Settings>Apps>YouTube>Storage. Then you can clear the cache an data on the app.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userWqFMp5tnbH

Hello, just thought I would reach out and see if you needed any further assistance. If so just let us know.