cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGy4WhESPvo
Astronaut

Re: Apps refreshing continuously

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You won't be able to sync data to the app unless Bluetooth is on. However you could just do it once a week since the hybrid watches store up to 2 weeks of data
userHG35dWsWmw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the Fossil Q Hybrid Smart watch. Nice watch, but as soon as I uninstalled the app on my Samsung 8 plus PROBLEM SOLVED! I guess my watch, which was a gift, will start collecting some dust in the drawer. The refreshing crap is so annoying...

JUMP TO SOLUTION
wish i had an answer for you but just wanted to agree that this phone sucks and all they did was offer for me to get a brand new version of the same phone instead of offering me to pay more for an iPhone. I told them nicely why would I want the same phone just knew if there's all these problems I've read about online and already currently happening with my phone? Never should have switched from Apple the Samsung but I wanted to root the phone which is confusing enough to. I think Apple phones are the way to go
useroDKQb78Sgc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm military, currently deployed. I started having these exact same issues pretty much as soon as I left the US. I had thought that maybe it was new apps I'd installed before leaving, but I eventually figured out that it seems to be the loss of my service that's impacting it. Switching the phone to airplane mode fixed mine, haven't had a refresh error in the last day, after it was happening every 5 minutes. So if you're losing service, or have no service when it happens, I think that might be what causes the refresh. 

userqG3A6sa36E
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OH. MY. GOD. I thought I was going nuts. You are my hero. I am also currently deployed and as soon as I left the U.S. with my Samsung S8 my phone started freaking out! It would freeze for a split second and then jump to the top of the app no matter what I am doing! Sooooo aggrivating. I factory reset my phone and even got Verizon to send me a replacement device which I installed bare bones (No restore from Google at all). SAME Issue! So I contacted Verizon again and told the rep to turn my service back on.. Sure enough no issues.. So my original speculation was correct.. This phone has a defect.. When service is not available it seems some service is still trying to send/receive using mobile network as opposed to Wi-Fi and causes the phone to glitch... Well, I tried airplane mode on the last phone and it didn't work but didn't even occur to me to try it out on the new phone.. I'll let you know the results! P.S. Samsung wants me to send the phone in for repair.. Being deployed, that will be a pain and being without my phone for weeks for even a month or two would suck..

Marshall Jones
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This forum has this issue marked as "solved" but all of the "solutions" did not work for me, including app updates, clearing system cache, and starting in safe mode. Using airplane mode doesn't help. I don't use a "Michael Kors app," whatever that is.

My Samsung Galaxy S8 is only a month old. It didn't do this the first two weeks I had it. It's incredibly annoying!

Other threads:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8-Questions-and-Answers/S8-Apps-Refreshing/m-p/165100/hi...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/help/constant-refreshing-t3665473
J2md13
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For what I hear is the bluetooth.. do you have some type of smart watch. Because I was having the same problem and I read is the bluetooth when using the smart watches like the fossil Q.  I turn my bluetooth off and now my note8 is working fine again... but Samsung needs to fix this issue.

Highlighted
userdKkcuZ5yXX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This started on my Note8 after the "Gallery" app updated.  I did ALL suggested ways to eliminate pop-ups AND constant refreshing.  Turns out that there was/is malware in the most recent update.....I turned NOTIFICATIONS to OFF and it quit this very annoying and disaster prone actions.  

userAOJs476xDM
Astronaut

Apps refreshing continuously

JUMP TO SOLUTION
soooo glad I found this. I was really dreading a factory reset. I got a fossil hybrid Q Watch as well and keep the Bluetooth on...It didn't even cross my mind that it was the bluetooth causing the refresh
userZbx7kN4p0Z
Astronaut

Apps refreshing continuously

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm so glad that I found this thread. It led me to realize that the problem was being caused in my Galaxy S8+ by my Skagen hybrid watch constantly connecting and disconnecting from the Bluetooth. Every time it connected or disconnected my app or screen would refresh. The solution for my problem was to disconnect the Skagen hybrid from the Bluetooth. I'm not sure if the constant connection and disconnection is caused by the distance of the watch from my phone since I am not wearing it. My next test is to wear the watch, connect it to the Bluetooth, and see if the connection and disconnection continues to occur.