Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userb5U1O1SQ1F
Constellation

April Software Update Problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since my Galaxy 8+ updated a few days ago, the fingerprint lock has been running into repeated issues. First, it will repeatedly tell me that I need to cover the entire sensor, even when the entire sensor is covered. Then, if it does regester a finger, it will fail to recognize any of the prints I have regestered, even ones I just regestered. I've never had a problem with any of the biometric locks on this phone, ever, and I use them for everything from unlocking my phone, to my shopping, and to my banking. Is there any way to fix this issue or, barring that, a way to revert to before the latest update?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: April Software Update Problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us for assistance.

We would re-register your fingerprints and restart the device.

We would recommend giving this troubleshooting article for your fingerprint sensor a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200583/

Hope this finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us for assistance.

We would re-register your fingerprints and restart the device.

We would recommend giving this troubleshooting article for your fingerprint sensor a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01200583/

Hope this finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userb5U1O1SQ1F
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Didn't work, but a day later it started giving me fewer error messages. Still not perfect, and I have no clue why it changed, but it works well enough for now that I am not going to keep picking at it. So, solved, I guess.
userDsi3UGgxwT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another problem is the AWFUL alarm clock that is now standard - its almost impossible to switch the alarm off on the first go!! 

Also Samsung whoever did your website login development is probably the same palooka that did the alarm clock.  You cannot login and stay on the same thread!