cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNj3Yni8DGa
Constellation

Audio keeps randomly pausing on apps

Hello, 

Since installing an update today media on audio apps like Play Music and Pocketcasts (podcasting app) keeps randomly pausing. Currently using it over a Bluetooth speaker but this happened with Bluetooth headphones as well. 

None of the apps I'm using are on the "sleeping apps" list and I've unselected from from battery optimisiation. I've also tried rebooting the phone and clearing the cache partition. 

Any help offered will be very much appreciated. 

Thank you for reading.

11 REPLIES 11
Nachocheese
Astronaut

Re: Audio keeps randomly pausing on apps

Well there are many possibilitys, but the most likely is that it's a bug or your getting a weak bluetooth signal like it being to far away or it just being blocked by something

userNj3Yni8DGa
Constellation

Bluetooth proximity isn't an issue. As I said this was happening with my headphones. Thanks for the reply. 

KMJ84
Constellation

Hi, try to uninstall the app(s) and download it again. I was having the same problem with Pandora and doing that solved the problems I was having.

Galaxy S9

userNj3Yni8DGa
Constellation

I'll give that a try. Thank you for your reply.

usertOxgiLCums
Constellation

I have been experiencing this same issue for the past 2 weeks or so, or at least that's how it feels, I can't remember if it happened before ornafter the update.

I have tried every suggestion and solution that I've come across. Adjusted battery settings. Optimization/sleep settings. 

None of my audio apps are in the Sleeping Apps area and they never were.

I have started in Safe Mode, and there is no conflicting apps hijacking the speakers/microphone. 

I have cleared the cache partition using the steps found in another thread on the same topic. 

I have done everything in this thread and every other thread I come across. 

NOTHING is working for me.

The Video Enhancer wasn't turned on, but I turned it on, tried with that, then turned it off.

It is not a WiFi/mobile data issue, this happens even with mp3s that are on my phone! Every bit of audio, including audio clips sent through Messenger and WhatsApp. 

All audio pauses on my phone, regardless of the app and what I do to remedy it. 

There is no bluetooth issue for me, as I am not using a headset, this happens using the phone speakers and my plugged in headphones.

userjuVUuHi1ME
Astronaut

Exactly the same for me on my S8. It happens on every media I use, YouTube, videos on chrom, opera, Spotify, audible, tidal, Pandora.. None if the solutions offered so far work. I even ran a factory reset and reinstalled everything. Can we get an official @samsung reply to this? I'm seriously considering dropping Samsung and going for ANY other phone.

S8plususer1
Asteroid

I have another problem other than randomly pausing on my S8+ i can't hear media and use any calling app or software my voice gets very low to the other side and an existing echo of their voice

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this happen when not connected to Bluetooth devices? What type of Bluetooth devices are you experiencing these symptoms with? Is the software up to date on your Bluetooth devices?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user7j0VoYo8OL
Astronaut

Same here. Audio always pauses during bluetooth playback whether it's via my headset, in my van or my home stereo.

Always pauses when using apps like Poweramp, Apple Music, Sticher and make no difference if I'm streaming or playing via sd card.

I've tried all the common fixes with no luck.