cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

August 2020 software update problems

Maybe this will help somebody with similar issues! I updated my boost mobile samsung galaxy s8 on 8/5, (software update version G950USQU7DTG2) worked fine for a couple days, then all of a sudden could not make/receive calls & no internet. (my son had same problem day before so I did what he did & it is currently working!)Called Boost, after trying to turn phone off & on, then putting on/off airplane mode they gave a code to put in on dial pad:  ##72786#   will ask you to reset phone (you will not lose photos, contacts, etc)

*my sim mobile network state still says disconnected, not sure why but phone works

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: August 2020 software update problems

Highlighted
Supernova

This might be a carrier / firmware specific issue. Have you reached back out to their team for suppot here?

Some common help is resetting the device cache or trying a factory reset. Perhaps that helps here?
Highlighted
Supernova

@userrT4l7Hh1NT here's those troubleshooting steps:

1. Boot into Safe Mode and try this action again. If it works you may need to remove any recently installed apps. Then reboot to try again.
  2. Try wiping the device cache and then this action again.
  3. Try resetting the device and then this action once again.

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Constellation

@JohnLoose wrote:

@userrT4l7Hh1NT here's those troubleshooting steps:

1. Boot into Safe Mode and try this action again. If it works you may need to remove any recently installed apps. Then reboot to try again.
  2. Try wiping the device cache and then this action again.
  3. Try resetting the device and then this action once again.

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

This is not the solution and it is useless. it is NOT the 3rd part app that causes issue or cache. it is the update that samsung pushed in the beginning of Aug. I have spoken to Samsung TS 2x and to boost mobile TS 4x, various types of resets but the problem comes back after reset in a few hours or minutes. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Software

Hello, I installed a software update on August 2nd, and have not had any LTE data on my phone whatsoever since. Boost mobile, after speaking to almost 20 different people, said that many people through them with only the Galaxy s9's are having this issue and there is nothing they can do about it...

Having accessible data is crucial for my job.

Can you fix it for me? Or am I getting an apple in a few days?Screenshot_20200810-183357_Software update.jpg

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Software

I am having the same exact issue amongst many other S9 users on Boost Mobile, i had a run around with many Boost reps and Samsung reps, they are all at a loss and basically tell me "goodluck" so i dont know what to do, it is frustrating owning a 700$ phone and paying for LTE service and getting quality of a 2004 flip phone. Im just hoping for Samsung to notice this issue and send out a patch in the next software update..
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Software

No it is NOT just Galaxy s9. It is also galaxy s8 ( that is what I have), s8+, s9 and saw report of s10 as well. I find it unfathomable that boost blames it on samsung, and samsung (when I called them) blamed it on Google (android). between 3 mega companies they need to FIX IT. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I work in tech support for a major US carrier and I've had 7 of these exact types of calls so far. Anywhere from a total loss of service with an 'X' for service or getting errors such as a UICC pop-up error. Steps we cover that you might try (though doesn't seem to be working) is:

- Reset network settings

- Remove and re-insert SIM

- Testing another known working SIM in the device (doesn't ever work)

- Change WiFi Calling Preferences to "Cellular netowrk preferred"

- Boot into safe mode and test

- Wipe the cache partition

- Master reset the device

- Manually selecting your current network

- Testing on 2G only

- Manually setting up APNs

- Resetting all settings

None of this works. Customers can put their GS8/8+/Active SIM in any other phone at all and the service works which futher emphazises and issue with update.

Highlighted
Constellation

Since August 5 Update, having Problems with Phone calling out and incoming calls go straight to Voice mail! Will make WIFI Calls! My Service is with Sprint! Phone does everything else! Had Phone opened up to check Antenna, everything was fine inside! They put ATT Card in, started calling right off the 1st try, put my Sprint card back in, phone worked great for 3 days, same thing would not call! Went to CSpire, they put 1 of their Cards in, again 1st try made a Call, put my Card back in was Calling again! Now before anyone started changing SIM Cards, Sprint looked at it for 3hrs, tried putting a New SIM Card in, but never started calling, except on WIFI or VOLTE, so they put my Old SIM Card back in! This was August 13! Right now, I am putting a CSpire SIM Card in to make it start back calling and Paying 2 Phone Bill's, until Samsung Finds a Fix, Everone Says it has to be the Software Update!