Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEGSZyN8c9k
Asteroid

BOGO S8/S8+ Activation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I bought two S8+'s directly from samsung.com as part of the BOGO deal they had. Now I am having trouble activating the phone to get the rebate. On my account, it tells me to click the "Activate phone" button, but that button doesn't exist. When I contacted Samsung support before I bought the phones, they said I will be able to activate the phone on the "Thank you" page. I didn't even get a Thank You page. It seems that many, many, MANY people are having this problem, so my questions are:

Has anyone been able to activate their phone and get the rebate? If so, how?

If not, can someone from Samsung help me with this, here in this forum? I am sure you will be helping many others at the same time.

I have gotten the run around multiple times. I went from tech support chat -> tech support phone -> e-commerce -> promotions -> e-commerce again (e-commerce department closed for the day by the time I got there again). I will try again tomorrow, but I am seriously considering returning the phones. It's not worth all this hassle and there's probably a time limit from when we get the phone to when the rebate offer expires.

Some additional information; I am on a family plan and have no intention of opening a new line. I contacted Samsung before I bought the phones and they informed me that I do not have to open a new line to get the deal. Twice. I talked to two different reps to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userEGSZyN8c9k
Asteroid

Re: BOGO S8/S8+ Activation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep. My previous post:

I called Activations today (866-265-4505) and explained to them the situation. They acknowledged that the "Invalid credentials" is a common error and then told me to:

1) Call T-mobile and have them activate the new SIM card

2) Call Samsung back (e-commerce, 855-726-8721) and tell them T-mobile activated my phone

3) E-commerce will then note on my account that T-mobile activated my phone and I will get the rebate

All of that went without a hitch and they gave me a ticket # that I can use to check up on, and that I will get my rebate in 7-10 days. You might want to start with Activations as well to confirm this, since it seems like people are getting conflicting or different answers.

My rebate came a few days later. I got two emails about the Netflix offer, each with a link for 6 months free. Gmail combined both emails into one thread (they came almost simultaneously) so be sure to check it thoroughly. A big hassle and headache, but keep at it! Good luck!

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
userSsyulAwVb9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wondering the same **bleep** thing. 

LosingFaith
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem. I purchased the BOGO with two Galaxy s8+.  

Once the phone arrived I tried to activate on the Samsung Shop app using my phone number,  last four of SSN, and billing zip and it said "The input data is of the correct format, but cannot be processed.

Next I tried to activate it on Samsung.com under my account.  Both phones showed up.  I clicked on the Blue "Select a Carrier" button and input my information.  I tried using my last 4 of my social and my pin and neither worked.  I received the message "Invalid credentials - please try later"

I have reached out to Samsung tech support, Samsung sales, Samsung activations, and Samsung executive customer support.  I have been on hold for over 8 hours in 3 days.  All departments referred me back to e-commerce support and e-commerce support has promised to call me back on two different occasions and no one has reached back out to me.

This is a know issue and multiple other people are having the same issue. In fact the Samsung lines are flooded with calls regarding the activation issue and the average hold time to speak to someone is over 50 min.

I have been trying to activate the phone since the 26th and have yet to succeed. I reached out to T-mobile and verified that my credentials (billing zip code, last four of social, and pin) were all correct.

This "DEAL" is starting to look a lot like FRAUD - and this is what I get for trying to come back to Samsung after my Note 7 fiasco.

userEGSZyN8c9k
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been messaging another user on this forum because he/she was having the same problem, but apparently they didn't get the "Invalid credentials" message. Their rebate is being processed now, so that makes me hopeful there's a solution to all this. I'm getting the "invalid credentials" message as well. I'm going to call again and hopefully someone somewhere at Samsung can actually help...

userEGSZyN8c9k
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got off the phone with e-commerce, they said the "Activate phone" button should be under your "My Orders" tab. (Try using incognito mode/private browsing if you can't see or load this tab.) I didn't see that button, so they asked me to send a screenshot and they'll get back to me... No estimated turnaround time. Someone else on another site said Samsung did the same to them but never called back, so I don't know what to make of it. And the fact that other people have been able to activate their phones using different methods makes me a bit confused.

usera5V3YeMJ8V
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I've been trying to activate since 10 days. I am stuck at "Select your Carrier" with error "Invalid Credentials." I called their activation department last week and escalated my case, they also gave me the ticket number. Not to be surprised, I was never called back. To follow up I called them again yesterday. They said, since I've been trying to do that, they'll just acknowledge that at least I've tried and it won't hurt my rebate. It's been 24 hours, neither the phone is active nor I've received any emails.
Highlighted
LosingFaith
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've spoken to three different e-commerce supervisors now.... 

I've spent more than 12 hours on the phone since May 26th...

I've emailed screenshot of "invalid credentials" to e-commerce support... 

I've also been promised call backs on 4 different occasions... 

Nobody knows what is going on and they refuse to let me activate through T-Mobile. 

I'm half way through my return policy now and I still haven't been able to activate the phone. 

Last supervisor I talked to said that no one else was having the credentials issue and she has no solution for it. 

Anyone else have any lock? 

userEGSZyN8c9k
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called Activations today (866-265-4505) and explained to them the situation (I'm getting pretty good at it by now). They acknowledged that the "Invalid credentials" is a common error and then told me to:

1) Call T-mobile and have them activate the new SIM card

2) Call Samsung back (e-commerce, 855-726-8721) and tell them T-mobile activated my phone

3) E-commerce will then note on my account that T-mobile activated my phone and I will get the rebate

All of that went without a hitch and they gave me a ticket # that I can use to check up on, and that I will get my rebate in 7-10 days. My worry is that it is Samsung giving us the rebates, not T-mobile, so they're the ones who need to know our phones have been activated. I'm doubtful yet hopeful that a mere note on our account is sufficient... You might want to start with Activations as well to confirm this, since it seems like people are getting conflicting or different answers.

By the way, has anyone gotten their free 6 months of Netflix? Is it actually 12 months, since we bought two phones? I'm not sure how to redeem that offer, I just assumed I'd get a code or something when I activated my phone, but who knows at this point...

I'll update this as things go along. Good luck to everyone!

P.S. Please be nice to the Reps, they're probably struggling because the higher ups haven't figured anything out either.

userEGSZyN8c9k
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's an email I got just now, from e-commerce.

Thank you for contacting Samsung Direct. I understand you have questions about your buy one get one T-Mobile phones. There are a few steps you need to follow in order to receive your rebate. Go to Samsung- my accounts
1.) Carrier Account
2.) Plan Selection
3.) Verify Eligibility

After completing these three steps, you will need to call 1-866-265-4504.
Once you have completed those three steps online, then called the number listed above, your rebate will automatically reflect back into your account.

We at Samsung.com apologize for any inconveniences that may have impacted your experience and for the delayed response due to the high volume of emails. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding online sales please respond to this email or call our Ecommerce department at 1-855-726-8721. Thank you and have a great day.

Of course, a bunch of us are getting stuck at step 2-3 with the "Invalid credentials" message, so I don't know how helpful this is.

userSsyulAwVb9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userEGSZyN8c9k wrote:

Here's an email I got just now, from e-commerce.

Thank you for contacting Samsung Direct. I understand you have questions about your buy one get one T-Mobile phones. There are a few steps you need to follow in order to receive your rebate. Go to Samsung- my accounts
1.) Carrier Account
2.) Plan Selection
3.) Verify Eligibility

After completing these three steps, you will need to call 1-866-265-4504.
Once you have completed those three steps online, then called the number listed above, your rebate will automatically reflect back into your account.

We at Samsung.com apologize for any inconveniences that may have impacted your experience and for the delayed response due to the high volume of emails. If you have any other questions or concerns regarding online sales please respond to this email or call our Ecommerce department at 1-855-726-8721. Thank you and have a great day.

Of course, a bunch of us are getting stuck at step 2-3 with the "Invalid credentials" message, so I don't know how helpful this is.

Unfortunately they are only open till 5.