cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karambae
Asteroid

Background apps refreshing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I love my galaxy s8 plus and android 8.0 made the phone even better. But I noticed one thing that Is not right, my apps are refresh every 2 to 5 minutes if i dont use them. Beforehand on android 7.0 I could leave snapchat and discord running in the background, so when I needed to use them they would open super quick. Now if I'm watching YouTube and get a snapchat and I go open snapchat and spend maybe 3 minutes on snap, then go back to YouTube it restarts the whole app. My software is the latest, all updates are updated as well.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Background apps refreshing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! Glad to hear that things are fixed up. Also, thanks for sharing that here so others with the problem can see it too.  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @Karambae. I'm glad you reached out here with your concern.
I certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can the Community have the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Karambae
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: SM-G955U

Baseband: G955USQU2CRC5

Carrier: AT&T 

I think I might have fixed the issue, in developer settings I changed the background app limit from "Standard" to "4"

So far that seemed to have fixed it but I'll keep this updated.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! Glad to hear that things are fixed up. Also, thanks for sharing that here so others with the problem can see it too.  ^_^