cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userbEefyzQJYv
Constellation

Battery Monitor Issue

I loved the S8 until the early October 2019 android(?) update. As soon as the update was installed my phone would show 100% battery charge then within 30 minutes the phone would shut off. When I turned it on, it would show 0% battery but only take 10 minutes to charge to 100% again. After trying all the suggestions with no luck I did a factory reset. This did not help. Later in the month I received another update. I was hoping this would fix it but it did not. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Battery Monitor Issue

Have you tried any of these troubleshooting steps? http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001451/

userbEefyzQJYv
Constellation

The problem isn't the battery, it's something with the way it determines the battery's life. I have been able to play music for two days without loosing power. Then, the next day I will turn off the music and within a few hours the phone will shut off. After charging to 100%, which sometimes takes 2 hours other times takes 20 minutes, it will turn off again after only a few hours with nothing running. Most of the time, just before it shuts down because of low battery, the battery indicator displays 100%.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userbEefyzQJYv If you are still able to recreate the same issue after a factory reset and your phone is up to date then the next step is to set your phone up for service. If you would like to proceed with service use this link here. Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
userxPX6mZqkIl
Asteroid

You're not alone , s9 here and battery has been draining like crazy since the last update . But I just got an update today so I'm hoping this is the fix