cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigbaby
Constellation

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

I cant remember and I'm not sure if I printed out my complaint. I called Samsung and asked them. I can check and get back to you. It may be tomorrow. 

userGOnBbgQIGD
Constellation

Fort Worth Texas 

usereXntCWFmTK
Asteroid

The whole trade-in promotion is a scam.  I lost my money on a perfectly fine S7 when I traded it in for a Note 8.  I am just one of many.  Check out #samsungtradeinisascam or https://www.bbb.org/us/nj/ridgefield-pk/profile/wholesale-electronic-supplies/samsung-electronics-am...

Everyone is getting ripped off by one department in a company so big, it just doesn't care.  Also, Samsung reps will talk with you all day long, but they won't do anything about your issue, so I did the only thing a consumer can, I promised myself I would never buy another Samsung product.  It's been working out just fine.  I am looking at both Pixel and LG for my next phone and I bought at 65" OLED TV from LG recently that I will swear performs better than anything Samsung can offer.  You just have to take your eyes off the giant and there are plenty of other good options out there.

userhylF8c2si3
Constellation

I reported my issue to the BBB and in under 48 hours the balance of the trade-in had been returned. 

No, I'm not going to be buying Samsung again for a long time.

userKxljLvrs6A
Constellation

I ordered a Note 9 but will be returning it unopened.  No way am I willing to risk sending my mint condition Note 8 into a flawed trade in process with no way to monitor it.  

userqeXFbC2BWZ
Constellation

Yes the Samsung trade in is a big Scam.  You send in your phone in perfect condition.  They then send you some fake picture of what they say is your phone and they said it was locked, which it was not.  They refuse to send your old phone back and charged me $500.  My credit card had been compromised so it would not charge to the account. I wish it had, because then I could have disputed it as a bad charge with the credit card company.  I wrote many emails asking for my old phone to be returned and I would pay the bill.  They would not send the phone back and sent me to collections.   I have excellent credit and now they are in the process of ruining it and won't resolve it with me the normal way.  What a scam. If you do their trade in you are crazy. THEY ARE THIEFS.  THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.  WHO CAN GET THIS TO STOP.  I can't believe this.  Someone help me with this.

userdHTzGHMZNT
Constellation

Very well said.
userIk4xByTRcR
Astronaut

This is what I sent to the Better Business Bureau (bbb.org):

I purchased a Galaxy S9 from samsung.com because they had a trade-in program and offered 2 yrs no interest financing.  So I shipped them my Galaxy S8 in perfect condition.  They then charged me $350 because they said it didn't arrive until 11/2 and it needed to arrive by 11/1.  I figured it was a typical (at least with any other company) charge $350, but once they have the phone they credited it back.  Nope, I've talked to multiple customer support people and they all say my phone arrived one day late, so they charged me $350 and there was nothing they could do.  I was furious.  I said, sure there's something you can do... credit me the $350 or send me back an S8 and I'll return the S9.  They repeatedly said there was nothing they could do.  So they essentially stole my phone worth at least $300 based on what I was seeing on eBay for that phone in like-new condition.  And now my minimum payment to Samsung's finance company has doubled because now I'm on the hook for the entire cost of the new phone.  To make it worse, I still have a few payments left on the S8, but did the trade-in because it was such a "good deal".  I can't believe this is legal.

usernKGQh3ZI3u
Asteroid

You should see results with your letter to the BBB. I also emailed the BBB some of the complaints from this thread to show a blatent pattern of the scam. It didn't take too long after filing with the BBB  before Samsung reimbursed me. Good luck!

usernKGQh3ZI3u
Asteroid

Just checking that you opened a complaint with the BBB and didn't just send them an email?