cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRwqrxX2ZPb
Constellation

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Did you file claim with bank? Im concerned about doing so and Samsung freezing my phone or something.
userNnI768cqer
Asteroid

After a complaint to the CA Attorney General Office, Samsung did the right thing and reversed the frivolous $125 charge.

user4dAwNHQu5R
Cosmic Ray

did you escalate the issue with Samsung before you complained or did you do it as soon as they charged you? I called Samsung and they gave me an incident # but said they don't know how long it will be before someone contacts me ugh

userNnI768cqer
Asteroid

Same happened with me. I escalated with Samsung and waited for one month in vain, then I submitted the complaint to the CA Attorney General. Try to give Samsung a few weeks to sort out the issue but keep the complaint option handy in case Samsung does not get back to you in a timely manner. Good luck.
SuchaTerribleCo
Cosmic Ray

Same story. I have been a note user since the Note 2. I traded in my Note 5 in great condition. I took pics too. A month after they received my phone I got a $275 charge.  I have called and talked to their idiot customer service reps more than one time and escalated the claim.

I am giving them a little more time and then I'm going to call my credit card company and dispute the charges. I am also going to the BBB. I am really heavy into the Samsung Eco system but if this is how they treat customers, I am done!  I love this note 8 but I won't hesitate to sell it along with my gear S3 watch, tvs, and washer and dryer.

There are too many different phones and companies out now a days that are too good to blindly be loyal to a company who rips you off.

I had a few friends and family who told me they have had problems would Samsung and their customer service and to stay away from their website, if I wanted the phone to go to my Carrier. I should have listened since now I have paid over $1000 for this phone.  I could have sold my own note 5 and bought a new note 8 for 7 or $800. So thanks Samsung, for screwing me over!

userR1OcAaXNny
Constellation

I had the same scam with my LG v20 trade in for Note8.  After 4 months passed by Got an email from Samsung were charged me another

300's dollars for my LG phone not meet their requirement for water damage.

I have this phone for a year and taking care very well from the first day I'm using it. Always in flipcase and temper glass screen and still have factory plastic wrap in the back as day one. Never in the water or in the rain. Not a single scratch cause I put phone in you case for a second protection.  I can excellent condition and take me a while to give up for this trade in promotion from Sansung.

I' m feeling rip-off, lost my LG phone and money cause it' a hard for consumer like us to complain for something which Samsung can say anything and take a phone from our hand for free.

userUVdbN6JH1j
Constellation

Reading all this now has me nervous.  I pre-ordered the note 9 and trading in a note 8.  I wonder if I should just cancel the trade in part and put the note 8 on ebay for the same price.  Mine is in mint condition and has had a case and glass screen protector on it since it left the store.   I realize not everyone has bad luck, but if it went for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!

If I continue with the trade, definitely pics and a video showing it working and with the serial number displaying! 

usernKGQh3ZI3u
Asteroid

I would not trade them in anything as you're just asking for the frustration that many of us have been going through. Not only do you stand the chance of losing the trade-in credit, but they'll also keep the phone. Samsung is running a scam. 

From what I've seen the only thing that has had success against them is the Better Business  Bureau. But do you really want to go have to go down that road.

userTQDyBMyvF7
Constellation

Helpful thread. Based on research, when traded in the phone goes to a third party who completes the "inspection" (which might also include breaking your phone or "claiming" it arrived broken).  Will not trade in note 8, will sell locally or ebay.  

They need to think up a better system, where pics of the device could be taken beforehand, and some requirements when the vendor claims a device is broken. Do it through the Care app. 

userQDt5dlZJgm
Astronaut

wow ... I am on the Samsung site and was just going to trade in my Note 8 but after reading all this, I guess it is Samsung's loss that I will NOT be getting a Note 9.  What do you have to say for this SAMSUNG?

@userTQDyBMyvF7 wrote:

Helpful thread. Based on research, when traded in the phone goes to a third party who completes the "inspection" (which might also include breaking your phone or "claiming" it arrived broken).  Will not trade in note 8, will sell locally or ebay.  

They need to think up a better system, where pics of the device could be taken beforehand, and some requirements when the vendor claims a device is broken. Do it through the Care app.