cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user9JALffC01X
Asteroid

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

The District Attourney for my state was my Law Professor, i'm thinking of calling him if Samsung continues to go down this road with me.

JasonGilmore
Asteroid

Did you get it sorted out? Same thing happened to me, and as I'm reading this almost seems like a class action is in order. My wife's note 5 was perfect and they claimed the screen was damaged, sent some weird super close up photo in which you can't even tell what it is. I have emailed them several times and keep getting the same foolish reaponses. I'm ready to seek legal help.

Gavacho
Constellation

How did you contact the California Attorney General with your information? California is a big and powerful state. Glad to hear they helped you out. Any information would be appreciated. 

userNnI768cqer
Asteroid

userYfcdm6w2PH
Constellation

On January 1/26 they "refunded" the charge. Well... Turns out they did not. Three representatives I spoke with lied to me about the refund. Today (March 5) I still see $942 charge on my TD acct... They do not care about the customers. All they want is money. Thank goodness my Note8 now has no logo because I swear I would tape it over... 

BTW: How can I get out of the upgrade program? I do not want any more S...gs in my life. 

userYfcdm6w2PH
Constellation

Ok, so today I have had my another conversation with their (very patient) representative. Unfortunately - she could not do anything about my case. I still see myself robbed of $375 and/or my S7. They say the warehouse people had said my phone was locked.

Well as far as I am concerned at the moment I do want to warn as many people as I can not to buy any Samsung devices ever. Even if they are the best bang for the money. 

PEOPLE - never ever take advantage of their "promotions" unless you want to get robbed big time. Better sell your phone on CL or go to your local store and trade it in. Samsung's "promotions" are a joke.

* I have just spoken with one of their supervisors. Waste of time.

user4dAwNHQu5R
Cosmic Ray

@userYfcdm6w2PHwrote:

Ok, so today I have had my another conversation with their (very patient) representative. Unfortunately - she could not do anything about my case. I still see myself robbed of $375 and/or my S7. They say the warehouse people had said my phone was locked.

Well as far as I am concerned at the moment I do want to warn as many people as I can not to buy any Samsung devices ever. Even if they are the best bang for the money. 

PEOPLE - never ever take advantage of their "promotions" unless you want to get robbed big time. Better sell your phone on CL or go to your local store and trade it in. Samsung's "promotions" are a joke.

* I have just spoken with one of their supervisors. Waste of time.

Are they saying it was carrier locked or what? It should be easy to go to your old service provider and have them check the esn and tell you whether or not it's locked.  File a complaint with the BBB and your state's attorney general's office, I did and got my money back a week later. 

user4QQb0q6QYT
Constellation

I just got robbed of $375 today because they say my LG V20 was not factory reset.   I know I factory reset the phone before I sent it.   What a scam!  Based on other experiences I'm reading here,  I am not optimistic about my chances of resolving this favorably. 

userMXvF7Ml9jl
Asteroid

They are crooks. I reported to the Michigan Attorney General. I'm going to sue them in small claims. I'm seeing enough people who got scammed I'm considering it enough to get a class action. Sofa King obvious they used same scam on everyone  Never again Samsung Sofa King full of lies and sheet...... 

userGOnBbgQIGD
Constellation

Samsung stole my trade in Note 8 device. Really Samsung? I already filed a BBB complaint.