cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdBqZNFnvkn
Astronaut

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Unfortunately I am going through the Exact same thing right now with my Note 8 trade in. Wish I had read this post sooner. 

usernKGQh3ZI3u
Asteroid

Contact the BBB. Many including myself have had success doing that.

userSp81vPhD8a
Asteroid

It doesn't make sense that Samsung would do this to their loyal customers. Glad I saw this post because I was all ready to trade in my S9 for the note 9.

userqNcmDJgye7
Constellation

Different scam.  I ordrered two phones on Black Friday 2018.  I agreed to trade in our Galaxy S7s for $100 each.  The next day they sent an email that they could only process one trade at a time.  It said once the first trade in was received, they would send the second new phone.  Today, they received my trade in.  They now tell me it will take 2 weeks to evaluate the trade in and complete the process, adn that my new phone will be shipped two weeks after that.  So a phone I ordered on Black Friday won't ship until January 2019.

I could have walked down to the Verizon store on Black Friday and left with the two new phones and none of this nonesense.

I will not purchase Samsung phones again for my family. 

user2ZQqMKBHzB
Astronaut

"It doesn't make sense that Samsung would do this to their loyal customers."

No it doesn't.

Is this program being run by a third party? If it is, then it is like the Apple recycle program where a third party company runs it.

I sent my old (8 years old) 27" iMac into the recyle program on Apple's iTunes Store website after going through a checklist online that indicated it was worth $175 to be paid via an iTuines gift card. I was going to use the $175 to finace my purchase of an iPad Pro.  After the third party company received my old iMac, they claimed it was damaged and wouldn't operate, and that I would only receive a $15 iTunes gift card. I told then to send the iMac back to me. The Apple program allowed for that.  It cost them more in shipping costs (there and back again) than it was worth, I hope.  When it got here, however,  the operating system was deleted and I couldn't get the OSX online download to download, i.e., I couldn't restore the operating system so that I could sell it myself. So I took the iMac apart myself, and the hard drive had been removed. I guess that was their revenge for my having them ship it back. These programs are all scams.

userdHTzGHMZNT
Constellation

California is a "Fake State" and does not follow Federal Law when it comes to "Sanctuary Cities," so there is a price to pay for not following the Law of the Land.

user4dAwNHQu5R
Cosmic Ray

@userdHTzGHMZNT wrote:

California is a "Fake State" and does not follow Federal Law when it comes to "Sanctuary Cities," so there is a price to pay for not following the Law of the Land.

wow that is just plain weird, have you considered getting professional help?

userdHTzGHMZNT
Constellation

All the psychiatrists are in California and I have socks older than you Grasshopper.
useroKakAzOtU1
Constellation

I just received an email from Samsung saying I sent them a note 5 with a cracked screen. That's a lie it was in perfect condition. They charged me the 400 and basicly stole my phone. They had my phone more than a month before determining this. Big time scam. I would never ever pay a grand for a phone. Currently disputing payment with my credit card company.

useryIXEi8sbub
Astronaut

I got burned huge too! Now I see that many did. The S6 I sent in was in perfect condition. I tried speaking to Samsung - I was never able to speak to a live human. I filed a consume complaint through TD Bank, only to have them come back and say the same thing after investigation.

We're just pawns out here, I guess. For one thing, I will NEVER buy a Samusn phone again!