cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbyWWAZxp0K
Constellation

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

*People Please Be-Aware of Samsung Mobile Phone Trade In Program... I got scammed when I Traded In my Samsung Galaxy S7 Phone phone had NO BALANCE DUE it was paid off in full, and In Mint Conditionand that S7 does not meet their normal wear and tear condition. I Shipped device to address that Samsung email me to 14500 FAA Blvd, Forth Worth Texas 76155, Then got letter saying that the device didn't power on, and that it was black listed, and in bad conditions. This phone was in Mint Conditions, I then called Samsung talk to customer service and they told me a different story, saying that the screen was crack, They opened a ticket to try to resolve issue, I never got re-ply back from Samsung Ticket number 768889, Today I decided to call Samsung 18557268721 and it refer my call to Philippines the customer care guy couldn't help. He didn't even find my Order ID Number that I provided, then he says Samsung don't use FedEX, what the heck!!! Thats how they deliver the re-shipping label and he refuse to track. I'm thinking about filling a Police Report.

userOZwpM2EOxN
Constellation

wish I had read this forum first. just got s*&%ed by samsung. my pristine S6 which was always in an otterbox case was just rejected by samsung. did you know you can't get it back? customer service is worthless.

useravPR2tyD5h
Astronaut

Did you get this resolved? I have a similar issue with Samsung from April 2018. I can't get any responses. I've been calling since May when I was told they found supposed damage to my trade-in. I've been told to email with no email address that works for them. Supposedly there's no such thing as a supervisor. I'm a Samsung fan but with this issue, I'm wondering what I've invested into and Apple my be my next upgrade instead. I'm totally disgusted how such a big companny can have the worst possible customer service. 

usernKGQh3ZI3u
Asteroid

I'm so grateful to see I'm not alone with this scam that Samsung is running. I sent in a perfectly good phone to them as part of the trade-in program and like the rest of you I got an email telling it was not acceptable because it was locked and not erased. That is totally NOT true as it was factory reset, exactly the way I've sold many phones on the internet. 

Calls and emails with Samsung have proved worthless. I'm going to dispute the charger back with my credit card company and am considering a class action lawsuit against such an obvious business scam. Is anyone else interested in joining me with this? I will need to have people join me before contacting a lawyer. L

user4dAwNHQu5R
Cosmic Ray

You can't sue them individually or through a group action unless you opted out of their arbitration agreement within 30 days of purchase.  File a complaint online with BBB and with your State Attorney General and document every discussion you have with Samsung.  Hopefully you took photos and a video of your phone before you sent it to them, it makes it much easier to fight your case.

usernKGQh3ZI3u
Asteroid

Ok good information. I'm so disappointed in Samsung. I'm new to their phones and have been very impressed. But this scam is not acceptable and for the life of me don't understand why such a successful company would stoop to these tactics.

Bigbaby
Constellation

File a complaint with the BBB and dispute the charge with the bank. I read someone done this and the issue was resolved. I am to waiting for resolution. 

usernKGQh3ZI3u
Asteroid

I will definitely be disputing this with my credit card company, which I'm grateful is American Express.  As far as the BBB, I'm not sure it will make much difference but I will follow through with them as well. Thanks all for your suggestions. Really disgusted with Samsung. Contact with them is absolutely fruitless and frustrating.

userLJzzOthYhL
Constellation

I didn't think that complaining to BBB would do any good but go look at their website for Samsung, every complaint is resolved, it appears that Samsung doesn't want to get a horrible BBB rating so when it gets that far they seem to react.  

usernKGQh3ZI3u
Asteroid

Great info, thanks! I will definitely do that.