cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigbaby
Constellation

Re: Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

Exactly what I was thinking 

Bigbaby
Constellation

It worked for me. Well it's in writing just waiting for reimbursement. 

user3bZRJI296L
Constellation

I filled a dispute with my credit card company as well and it was declined.  The way Samsung has the disclosure written, we have no leg to stand on.  So unless you have pictures of your working phone, we all have no ground to stand on.

Bigbaby
Constellation

Sorry to hear that. I took pics as recommended by a Samsung representative. 

oht
Constellation

I have a similiar ripoff from Samsung. I trade in my perfectly functioning S7 for the S9. I followed their instruction to removed the lock and do a factory reset. I then verify that all my personal content is gone and there is no need for any code to turn on the phone. Now they send me an email telling me my phone is locked and they cannot remove my content so they are going to charge me $275. I asked them if they cannot unlock the phone , then at least return the phone to me. But they said I already transfered the ownership to Samsung and cannot get the phone back. They also claimed my phone is locked without showing any evidence or proof that the phone is actually locked. Only based on their WORDS. I never suspect a big company like Samsung would steal my S7 and then charge me for $270. Really scam!! Never buy from Samsung again.

userwEOCPcSuOy
Astronaut

I too was taken advantage of by exactly the same story. The Samsung phone I traded in was in excellent condition. No cracks, no scratches at all. I had T-Mobile erased the s7 phone and factory reset it. T-Mobile booted the phone up for me and the Welcome Screen Popped up Asking me to begin to set up the phone. T-mobile representative confirmed my phone was erased and factory reset.

I am shocked to learn that I received an email stating that the phone was not erased. I contacted Samsung and was told I would get an update. Never got an update.
userMlSvUzlYiY
Astronaut

Beware! The trade in program by Samsung is a huge scam!

This is very upsetting!! I used to be REALLY happy with T-Mobile but in the last 3 years or so, it seems like they are starting to take advantage of people!!! NOT COOL!!!! Is it Samsung or T-Mobile where the problem lies?? Thanks
user6z6dVEEkyw
Astronaut

I'm having similar issue. Sent in a perfectly fine like new S6. Samsung says the screen is damaged and sent two out of focus pictures of "nothing" as proof.

I will dispute any chargeback and be reporting my experiences to appropriate consumer protection agencies.

userQ7EmLdiA1X
Constellation

Going through this right now. Got an email from them saying my phone didn't meet the qualifications: 

Device's housing/buttons/keys are damaged or missing.

Device's display is cracked or broken

and that i would be charged $175. I traded my (At&t) galaxy s7 edge to them to get a new s9 for a cheaper price. I've had the 7 edge since April of ‘16 and i have had it in a case since the week i bought it. Normal wear and tear would be the paint chipping on the home button. That button that gets used the most outside of the power button. Gonna call them in the morning so I can actually talk to someone.  After having a chat on samsung site they sent me 2 of focus pics of “the damage” on what could be anyone’s phone. If the phone call doesn’t go well the BBB is next. This is!!!

userFkjUmGA56R
Astronaut

Add me to the list of people scammed by Samsung trade in!

I sent a perfect s7 edge, shipped in box provided and bubble wrapped! 

They sent me the exact same bogus claim as others....saying it was not functional and cracked and I used my phone right up to the date I sent it!

They sent blurry screen shot of a damaged phone- not mine and could be anyones.

Now I'm getting the run around, tickets and.

I WILL be filing a complaint with the attorney general and BBB.