cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aeradore
Asteroid

Bixby Voice Recognition

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would like to know, from a mod, what's the best way to help with the Bixby beta?

Bixby Voice is awesome and I'm loving it however it is having trouble with voice recognition of some words. For example I was making a shopping list with Samsung Notes last night and told it to add "Hot Dogs". It added "Haute Dogs" everytime I tried. "Hot Dog Buns" netted me "This dogs fun". LOL!

I had a good laugh with it but can see how some people would get frustrated. I speak fairly clear with no huge accent. So what is the best way we can help Samsung with these Bixby issues? Is using the feedback buttons on Bixby's responses the best way?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Bixby Voice Recognition

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Aeradore

Yes, everytime you say something there is a button that lets you give feedback on how Bixby did with the command. 

Bixby does have some difficulty with the English language, as that was the main reason it was delayed. Just keep using Bixby and that will make her better!

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
6 REPLIES 6
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Aeradore

Yes, everytime you say something there is a button that lets you give feedback on how Bixby did with the command. 

Bixby does have some difficulty with the English language, as that was the main reason it was delayed. Just keep using Bixby and that will make her better!

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
Aeradore
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanx @Acrillix that was exactly what I wanted to know!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I couldn't have said it any better, @Acrillix

Galning
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I have a thick southern USA accent. Every time I say a word with "i" in it, it translate it to "a". Definitely does not account for accents. It is voice trained to me but responds better to my daughter! We are giving them a lot to work with.

Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Galning

It sometimes has difficulty with me. I'm a NY guy, upstate. I have a problem talking sometimes, I overthink and midway change what I say, or I stutter (not often but I do) and it sometimes has a hard time with that. But overall, it has been pretty successful. 

I think Bixby Voice is not only contextual but is also adaptive. I'm not 100% sure on that but maybe  @SamsungCourt can give us some insight on that. 

If it's not already adaptive to your accent, maybe that's something Samsung can try to figure out how to implement. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDx6uzaCTds Acrillix is correct. Bixby Voice at the present moment does seem to have some trouble recognizing thicker accents, Southern included. It was quite entertaining when I said "well" really fast and it came out sounding like "wool" and it directed me to the nearest craft store.