Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userWK9T5Ti53N
Asteroid

Bixby Voice and Google Assistant not responding since Oreo update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since updating to Oreo I can't get "Hi Bixby" or "Ok Google" to wake up my phone. If I hold the side button or long press the home button,  both work fine. If I try to open the wake up settings for Bixby voice, I get a message that the app had closed. In the settings for Google assistant I can't turn on the option for voice wakeup. The option is not greyed out,  but when I tap it the button flashes blue then immediately turns back off. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userWK9T5Ti53N
Asteroid

Re: Bixby Voice and Google Assistant not responding since Oreo update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up tweeting @SamsungSupport and they had me wipe the cache partition. This seems to have fixed the problem. 

7 REPLIES 7
userlGf4RL4U3n
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem. I used to be able to press home key and google would pop up, that is not working either. 

userlGf4RL4U3n
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is how you fix it. 

Go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings (Please note that this will reset Wi-Fi, Cellular data and Bluetooth settings which means you will have to input your Wi-Fi credentials again.

userWK9T5Ti53N
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This made no changes to my situation. 

userWK9T5Ti53N
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That,  along with the Bixby botton, both worked. It was just waking the phone that wouldn't work. The @SamsungSupport staff offered a solution that seemsto have worked. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I bought my note 8 it had nougat on it. I have a slight speech impedament so I usually avoid voice operated gadgets. Well I decided to try Bixby and went through the set up including the enhanced pronunciation sentences without a hitch. I was amazed at the fact that it understood every word I spoke. I was going into settings and entering and sending text messages and it was great.

Than Oreo came along and bixby went deaf. I figured since the new OS I needed to retrain her. Well the, "Hi bixby," went fine but she won't wake up. I tried the ehanced pronunciation and non where recognized. 

Bixby Home: 2.1.10.4
Bixby Voice: 1.0.21.10

If anyone has a solution to this I would greatly appreciate it. FWIW: "Ok Google" works every time even without training it from accross the room.!!.

userXEMWUJm8gA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No more Samsungs for me ,Apple is reliable 

userWK9T5Ti53N
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up tweeting @SamsungSupport and they had me wipe the cache partition. This seems to have fixed the problem.