Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userrrDIQigpDk
Asteroid

Bixby Voice, downloaded but not there

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So last night I got bixby voice downloaded to my Samsung Galaxy S8+. When I do to my apps I can actually see bixby voice there taking up 60mb's of memory but I can't access it. The bixby screen is exactly as it was prior to the bixby voice being downloaded. No new "B" icon at the top and when I long press nothing happens. What's going on?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nebula

Re: Bixby Voice, downloaded but not there

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have the Beta, you may need to clear the cache and delete the data for Bixby Voice and restart the phone. Settings>Apps>Application Manager>All Apps>Bixby Voice>Storage clear cache and delete data. After restart, double tap the Bixby button and see if this resolved the issue. When you deploy Bixby it's a 2 step command. "Hi Bixby. Open Contact App. Call "Mom."

97 REPLIES 97
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are a part of the Bixby Beta, you may need to clear the cache and delete the data for Bixby Voice and restart the phone. Settings>Apps>Application Manager>All Apps>Bixby Voice>Storage clear cache and delete data. After restart, double tap the Bixby button and see if this resolved the issue.

userrrDIQigpDk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I signed up for the program but never recieved an e-mail, I just got a few downloadeds/updates to my phone last night when I went to the bixby screen after a pop-up. I cleared the cache, deleted the data and restarted and still nothing.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Normal updates to Bixby will arrive in preparation for the launch. If you receive the Beta it will prompt you with a pop up affirming that you are in the EAP and an action for that specific update. Sorry for the confusion.

userrrDIQigpDk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ah, even with the app on my device?
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is correct. Thank you for being a part of the Samsung Community.

Mom1987
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So bixby voice button shows up in my app and all updates done but when I try to set up bixby voice, it says my software is outdated even though i have done all updates and made sure my phone software is up to date?? 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Mom1987 I know you probably have fully updated your Bixby application, but have you made sure that your system software, the android version, is fully up to date?

Mom1987
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have and it says my software is up to date. 

SamsungAsh
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey userFBFaJuCfDO! After updating everything, have you tried soft resetting your device? Some times it can work wonders especially if the device hasn't been turned off in a while. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.