cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connormb570
Asteroid

Bixby Voice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy S8 through atnt in US. Bixby voice icon when pressed elicits a prompt to "Start" the set up process but when start is clicked it just goes back to bixby home screen. Under setting when bixby voice is tabbed on it automatically tabs off when i leave settings. Clicking Voice wakeup stops bixby and forces a restart of the app. When following the advice of clearing the cache/data of bixby related apps and restarting phone (which was unsuccessful) I noticed there was no bixby voice in the app manager. The only bixby apps in the app manager were (Bixby and Bixby Home).What is the fix?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bixby Voice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @Connormb570. Thanks for the device info. It looks like you're several updates behind on your device, which could definitely interfere with Bixby. Is AT&T your original carrier on this device? 

6 REPLIES 6
Connormb570
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model number SM-G950, carrier atnt, s8

Highlighted
Connormb570
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

baseband Version

G960USQU1AQDE

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @Connormb570. Thanks for the device info. It looks like you're several updates behind on your device, which could definitely interfere with Bixby. Is AT&T your original carrier on this device? 

Connormb570
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes and I have fully updated the device and it still isn't working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Connormb570, to clarify, what's your new Baseband version? I just want to be thorough. 

Connormb570
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Baseband: G950USQS1AQF7 

Another update became available today and following the update apps and services are no longer in Korean. Alo quick commands is available to setup. So that has resolved all my issues. It appears every couple of days an update became available that would resolve my issues. Anyways thanks for responding.