cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useruR6Y1Y0p2S
Asteroid

Bixby keeps activating when phone is locked

I have an S8. I disabled the Bixby button over a year ago, within a week of buying my phone, because it is not useful to me. I never, ever used Bixby and my life was better for it.

Last week, I recieved the April update, and immediately started getting notifications that Bixby could not understand something I asked. It happens every time I lock my screen....the screen is powers back up after 5 seconds and starts trying to listen to what is happening, even when no one is speaking. The button is still disabled, I did a cache purge as recommended by a Samsung chat representative (who never responded when I replied that his suggestion did not work), I've gone into settings and disabled everything I possibly can, but it keeps happening. It is killing my battery, and it wakes me up at night when the screen continues to light up over and over.

I hate Bixby more now than ever, and though I've been a loyal Samsung customer since the Nexus, this is enough for me to give it up if it isnt resolved soon.

How can I make this stop???

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bixby keeps activating when phone is locked

I apologize for the frustrations! Was the April update you mentioned the update to Pie? When you cleared the cache, did you do so for all Bixby services?

useruR6Y1Y0p2S
Asteroid

I believe it was the Pie update, it was just last week.

He had me do the reboot/wipe cache partition, not the Bixby apps specifically.  When that did not work, I went through Settings/Apps and searched for anything Bixby. If it had a Cache, I cleared it. If it had a Disable option, I disabled. I went in the App settings, Notifications and Permissions and Change System Settings and disabled or blocked everything I could for Voice, Vision, and Home.

It may be worth noting that when I look at the settings App settings for Bixby Voice and Bixby Vision now, both say "Allowed", but when I open them, everything appears to be blocked. Voice is the app that keeps 'waking up'.

BollyChouhan
Constellation

Then just reset your handset once

useruR6Y1Y0p2S
Asteroid

Can you clarify what you mean by 'reset handset'? If you mean restart, I have done that several times and it's not changed.

BollyChouhan
Constellation

No brother i mean reset your mobile by settings from backup and restore section

useruR6Y1Y0p2S
Asteroid

@SamsungRei is this the best that can be done?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

My apologies, the Community is not our fastest method of support. Though, we mods are happy to assist where we can. However, here is an article that will explain more.

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-completely-disable-bixby

userhECyiQeLCo
Constellation

Hello, I'm having the same problem. I followed all the steps that the original post I mentioned above

userhECyiQeLCo
Constellation

I went to that androidcentral article you posted and did everything it says but it still has not solve the problem. When my phone is locked every few seconds bixby wakes up and starts listening to things. It is totally draining my battery. Can you please advise