Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Efmprof
Constellation

Bixby voice on the ulocked phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!  Smiley Happy

I purchased my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S8 in Russia. Can I get Bixby voice update and what should I do for this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Bixby voice on the ulocked phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Efmprof Thank you for reaching out, but we here can't speculate about international Devices. I would recommend you reach out to your regional office if you have any questions or concerns. Regional support for international devices can be found here http://bit.ly/1IPihWH. 

8 REPLIES 8
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Efmprof Thank you for reaching out, but we here can't speculate about international Devices. I would recommend you reach out to your regional office if you have any questions or concerns. Regional support for international devices can be found here http://bit.ly/1IPihWH. 

userbmr0PLsUCS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The site you provided does not provide any information. I too purchased an unlocked device and would like to have access to Bixby functions but unable to. Please provide information on how we might go about obtaining a download or information on how we would be able to update this SAMSUNG device that is not carrier specific. Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbmr0PLsUCS Just out of curiosity, was this phone ever tied to a carrier or was it unlocked from the Samsung factory?

userbmr0PLsUCS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased Unlocked. I do however have an AT&T sim and service.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, we have good news and bad news.

Good news: You WILL receive the update!

Bad news: You will likely be among the last to receive it.

You see, the reason for this is that the individual carriers have paid money to Samsung to have these kinds of updates sent to them on time. So, we roll it out them at the expected time. When you have an unlocked phone, you're waiting on Samsung to send the update directly to your device. That takes longer. However, as i previously stated, you WILL receive it.

userbmr0PLsUCS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, well at least that's an answer. Makes me both happy and a little sad inside. I understand the info you provided, but not the reason behind it. Google works to ensure the devices sold directly to the consumer, are updated first. Samsung is doing the exact opposite? Not a good look Sammy, not good at all.

user5hS0gieYi1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. I just found out i was not going to get bixby voice anytime soon  Makes me mad they didnt mention that when i was handing out the $$$$ 

@userbmr0PLsUCS wrote:

Ok, well at least that's an answer. Makes me both happy and a little sad inside. I understand the info you provided, but not the reason behind it. Google works to ensure the devices sold directly to the consumer, are updated first. Samsung is doing the exact opposite? Not a good look Sammy, not good at all.

user1QHM6JAEBL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sure you can't make any promises, but do you guys have a vague timeline on when the last updates might roll out? Like 1 month, 6 months, etc?