cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bixby voice update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TheSean, any word on an official release date... yet? And if not, why not?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TheDarkRising, still no official word on my end. Personally, I'd like to see it on the 18th too, but you never know with a beta. I wish I could give you a more definite answer. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TheSean, do you acknowledge in anyway whatsoever that Samsung has kinda messed up on this? I mean, a little bit? The tiniest bit? 

I mean, come on Sean!!! You have got to me seriously joking with me if you were able to look me straight in the face and say to me that Samsung has been 100% honest here. Customers did purchase S8s and S8+s thinking, and expecting Bixby by Samsung's promised "Spring" deadline. The beta wasn't released until late Spring. Clearly, there was a plan to deceived customers there. Moreover, @TheSean, you're still making Bixby a selling point! You have many new people coming here asking why Bixby isn't out, what's going on, etc.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not everyone who purchase to the S8 or S8 plus purchased it because of Bixby. Most of the people with an S8 don't even know what Bixby is. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm with @SJohnson a little on this one. @TheDarkRising, if Bixby Voice was the only thing that was make or break for you on a great phone like this, I'm sorry. Also, have you tried developing something like this? I'm sorry that we didn't give you an unfinished, untested program to satisfy this date. With previous events still on our mind, we wanted to exceed expectations. This takes time. Please be patient with us. 

We didn't "plan" any deception. We are just trying to get it right the first time. 

Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well said, Sean... Well said.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Expected reply Acrillix. There were a lot of phones I was looking at. Actually purchased an iPhone 7 S and took it back, paid the restocking fee, and preordered the S8+ based on the promised software. I have all receipts to prove that. I feel Samsung is responsible for the restocking fees I paid to preorder based on their broken promise. Again common sense retail math, you get what you pay for on the promised delivery date or you are compensated. If a customer can produce proof like I can we are entitled to compensation.  

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergasxtEI01L, of course that is the expected reply. Smiley Tongue I believe both of them are in the Early Access and big fans of Samsung. I haven't seen them be critical of Samsung, even once really. It's clear there is a very distinct bias here on these forums. 

But to respond to you, @TheSean...

No, that was no the sole reason for me buying the phone. I'm not a moron. I knew Bixby was delayed. Until Spring. Then end of Spring rolls around, and then you release the beta? Does anyone else see a problem here?

There has been clear underhanded tactics used here in informing the public when we are all going to be released the software, and what stage in development Bixby was at when it was actually announced for a Spring release. I know it needs to be tested before it rolls out. I have been a part of many many beta tests. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Even if released, and I do mean if, Bixby will still not be as good as Google. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xda-developers.com/samsung-might-release-bixby-voice-features-in-th...

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TheDarkRising wrote:

@usergasxtEI01L, of course that is the expected reply. Smiley Tongue I believe both of them are in the Early Access and big fans of Samsung. I haven't seen them be critical of Samsung, even once really. It's clear there is a very distinct bias here on these forums. 

But to respond to you, @TheSean...

No, that was no the sole reason for me buying the phone. I'm not a moron. I knew Bixby was delayed. Until Spring. Then end of Spring rolls around, and then you release the beta? Does anyone else see a problem here?

There has been clear underhanded tactics used here in informing the public when we are all going to be released the software, and what stage in development Bixby was at when it was actually announced for a Spring release. I know it needs to be tested before it rolls out. I have been a part of many many beta tests. 

Actually that's where you're wrong I actually bought the S8 plus because of the curved design and the super amoled display. What got my attention on Samsung phones was the note 7 but we all know what happened to that phone so the next thing was the S8 and I might purchase the note 8 if it's as amazing as the rumors say. I work with phones at my job and the people that want to purchase it don't even know what Bixby is or what it even does. I **bleep** you not people weren't even aware of the Bixby button below the volume button for 2 months that they have the phone they even came back and questioned what the button was. I also had some complaints to Samsung but not on this forum. Yes I'm a Bixby Beta tester and trust me Bixby needs a little bit more work put into it. I'd rather wait and get a fully functional Bixby rather than something that is rushed or half-assed and I get **bleep** for my moneys worth or you could just wait until the note 8 comes out and purchase that and get your refund  from the S8