cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Bixby voice update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TeeShot sorry you're having trouble. I have set up Bixby and it is wonderful. Hope you get it working!

Highlighted
userTcxJHasXja
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The updates were in the Samsung AppStore app. Bixby didn’t become “aware” until 24 hours later (today). AT&T

Jsalt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@TeeShot wrote:

Done the reset and clearing cache and data NUMEROUS times before and after all the updates.  S8 on Verizon.  When setting up Voice wake up, it continually says it "can't hear me".  Voice unlock won't work.  Worthless gimmick in my opinion and an extra button that takes up space and gets in the way.  

When I initially set up Bixby Voice during the EAP, I had a hard time getting Bixby to understand me. She kept saying it was too loud. I had to go to a room that was silent and then she could understand me. But after that, she never had a hard time hearing or understanding me.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone else having the not online message pop up? Does Bixby have to be on Wi-Fi to work? Ran into that several times. 

usertgvYKRuTU8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergasxtEI01L wrote:

Is anyone else having the not online message pop up? Does Bixby have to be on Wi-Fi to work? Ran into that several times. 

I haven't had my wifi on or had an issue yet. Did you resolve it yet?

Jsalt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergasxtEI01L wrote:

Bixby should be working using WiFi or a cellular data connection. 

Drodrig4
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Voice Unlock only works when you Update Smart Lock ,  to allow it to unlock based voice recognition, If you have an a work email that admin lock setting you might not be allowed to change unless you discontinue the email access. It takes time for the voice to get use to your type of accent. When i initially began to use this Bixby Voice App it wasn't understanding me but the more i use it the less issue it has. Voice unlock is very useful especially while driving. And wanting to change the song when phone is mounted. don't have to touch my phone very very useful. Unlock your phone via voice and then you can tell it to open google voice control if you are so against Bixby

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It will not show iup in the app store. The update should be pushed through by your wireless carrier.

Ghost04
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello, I have a Samsung S8 and my bixby updates and starts the step by step process. Then states that my device needs an update and ask me to head to settings. There is no update needed on my device. I followed all steps from this forum by clearing cache and removing bixby apps. Still no go. This is very frustrating to know this product was delayed during launch now all the media press that it has finally launched in the US and it works for some. Please tell me why I should keep this product when it doesn't give me access to all the features that I was told my phone would have. Another note I even called Samsung directly and was told bixby is slowing being released. This doesn't make sense and I hope you can assist.
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Ghost04 Could you share the carrier model and baseband version of your phone? I just want to check and see if it is up to date. It could be that it is waiting for an update that just hasn't reached your phone yet, since the releases can be staggered out.