cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsmo2001
Astronaut

Re: Bixby voice update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem.  When. I turn on Bixby Voice it says I need an update.  Then it checks with servers and says my software is up-to-date.  Thus, no Bixby Voice in my S8+.  Have tried Force Stopping and clearing data on all Bixby related applications.  Still no go.  Suggestions?SmartSelectImage_2017-09-09-12-51-23.png

rsmo2001
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem.  When. I turn on Bixby Voice it says I need an update.  Then it checks with servers and says my software is up-to-date.  Thus, no Bixby Voice in my S8+.  Have tried Force Stopping and clearing data on all Bixby related applications.  Still no go.  Suggestions?SmartSelectImage_2017-09-09-12-51-23.png

userlOsDr48eYT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my S8 last Wednesday.  Friday, I got an S8+ for my dad who's a quadriplegic in hopes that it would allow him to have more control over his phone without having to using his hands.  I've had nothing but problems with Bixby on my phone since I got it.  I haven't messed with it on his phone yet since he's been having some respiratory distress lately as a result of smoke in the air from wildfires. 

On my phone, the first problem I had was that the setup routine for Bixby was all in Korean even though I'd set the language to English.  It was strange because once set up, everything was in English except for the commands provided in the app list under the "Voice Apps and Services" menu which were in Korean. In the settings it showed that it was set to English but I think that the phone was still expecting the commands to be in Korean. 

I cleared the cache and data from all of the Bixby apps and then uninstalled all of the updates hoping that would help and I could just start from scratch.  These included Bixby Home, Bixby Services (or something like that), Bixby Vision, and maybe something else I forget.  Anyway after several attempts, I finally got to a point where the setup program was in English and the command list for each app showed up in English so I figured I was getting somewhere.  But not really.  

Now when I try to give voice commands all I get is the "Looks like there's a connection problem.  Let's try again."

I've tried deleting the data and cache of each of the programs and uninstalling all updates several times hoping that would help but still, I'm having the same problems after going back through the setup routine.  I've tried this several times without success.

Last night I installed the latest OS update (Build G950USQU1AQGL) which was about 462MB.  This didn't fix anything.  For me, it's not that big of a deal if it doesn't work until they get the bugs worked out but I'd really like to make sure this works on my Dad's S8+.  I'll have to try to set it up and see what happens. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@rsmo2001, this will happen sometimes when your device is more than two updates behind. I'd recommend reaching out to your service provider or the support team in your region (contact info HERE) to be absolutely sure that you're up to date. 

@userlOsDr48eYT, after you downloaded the most current update, did you clear all of Bixby's cache and data again? If not, try this and get back to me. 

userlOsDr48eYT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamungSean,

I cleared the cache and data again for all of the Bixby apps including the service, global action, home, vision and voice.  After going through the set up procedure again, Bixby actually worked for the first command and opened the settings.  After that I get the same "Looks like there's a connection problem. Let's try again".  

I just went through the routine again and it actually worked well for a total of three commands and then got the connection problem message again.

My app versions are as follows:

Bixby Global Action - 1.0.03.0

Bixby Home - 1.9.42.6

Bixby Service - 1.0.06.0

Bixby Vision - 1.3.01.10

Bixby Voice -  1.0.06.10

userwFZ1jTIA37
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have all those versions on my bixby apps but still having troubles with bixby still appearing "bixby stopped working".. 

Can i take my phone to any best buy store .. then go to samsung section for reupdate my phone? Or what do i need to do

userKKFbA62ney
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here.

Already erase the cache of everything of Bixby...didn't work. 

usert7vA3zXpSs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever get an answer to fix yours?