Original topic:

Blue dot text message by contact

(Topic created: 05-11-2019 01:32 PM)
userXtsgcad5Ta
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does anybody know what the blue dot Is on the icon next to the person's name in the text message app? Only shows there. Only on select contacts.

107 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

The thread https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8/Bkue-dot/m-p/630593 may provide you some answers. 

0 Likes
KVDV
Halo
Options

This may be an indication of other Samsung users showing that your ability to use features like a live message between two contacts who have a Samsung Device.

Do you see any blue dots on a contact profile that isn't a Samsung device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
KVDV
Halo
Options

Copied the solutions from that link save you a click lmao

user23HP2LmoV1
Constellation
Options

Blue dot indicates that video call is capable 

0 Likes
Samsung_IQ0PYPl
Astronaut
Options

if this is the case of it being video capable i dont see anywhere i can make a video call with them. So where is this feature? Unless u can tell me where the feature is so i can activate it, i cant buy your answer to the problem. I challange ur answer.

userN1BpfM2Ia0
Constellation
Options

View the blue dotted Contact entry on your Contact list and you will see a green video camera icon with transmission lines on it. Select that icon and you will "video call" that Contact. Very similar to Facetiming in the Apple World 

0 Likes
userZLLONzF8A6
Constellation
Options

The way I understand it if your phones have the same company you have the blue dot such as Samsung.  You can chat amongst each other and recieve info faster?

0 Likes
sandraDecker
Cosmic Ray
Options

OK in my text messages and my daughter create a new one or forward a picture to somebody else there blue dots on some of my contacts in a body tell me why please

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Are you using the stock messaging app that came pre-downloaded on your device?

0 Likes
sandraDecker
Cosmic Ray
Options

Yes I'm using the stock text app.

0 Likes