JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blue dot text message by contact

(Topic created: 05-14-2019 09:11 AM)
userXtsgcad5Ta
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does anybody know what the blue dot Is on the icon next to the person's name in the text message app? Only shows there. Only on select contacts.

107 Replies
MrZell
Black Hole
Options

Can you please provide us with a screenshot of the concern?

Have you already tried clearing the cache of your Messaging application?

Settings>Applications>Messages>Storage>Clear cache

Hope this finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

sandraDecker
Cosmic Ray
Options

I'm trying to post a screenshot shot lol

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options

No worries, We will stand by to assist you once we can see the blue dots.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
sandraDecker
Cosmic Ray
Options

Ok should I just make a new post? I've posted a photo of the blue dots ... can any one plz tell me what it means?

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options

Hey there.

Just wanted to check with you to see if they are other Samsung Product users who appear with the blue dot next to there name?

0 Likes
sandraDecker
Cosmic Ray
Options

Yes I have 2freinfs that have the same thing.

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options

This may be an indication of other Samsung users showing that your ability to use features like a live message between two contacts who have a Samsung Device.

Do you see any blue dots on a contact profile that isn't a Samsung device?

SamanthaC
Astronaut
Options

These blue dots just showed up on 3 of my contacts. Also in the menu popup (3 dots at top) theres a opinion only they have that says

Send as chat message 

with a slide on/off option which was already on. What does that mean and do I need to do anything or not worry about it?

Thank you

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options

@userE4o031l4ID This may be an indication of other Samsung users showing that your ability to use features like a live message between two contacts who have a Samsung Device.

Do you see any blue dots on a contact profile that isn't a Samsung device?

0 Likes
janielou
Astronaut
Options

My son is a Samsung user and does not have a blue dot by his name....

0 Likes