cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Call Me Bruce
Cosmic Ray

Blocked Number Showing on Start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everytime I restart or turn off and start my phone, a block number notification pops up. What the heck is going on and does anyone have a clue how to stop this from happening?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Call Me Bruce
Cosmic Ray

Re: Blocked Number Showing on Start

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungZell wrote:

Thank you for confirming that information. I would recommend wiping the cache partition of your device.

Here are the steps:

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

So that didn't work either. BUT! I did finally fix it... I went back into Recent call list and for some reason 2 instances of that number were still in there even though I had previously deleted them all. Deleted those 2 and restarted the phone 3 times and it's finally no longer showing the notification. : )

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can you please provide me with a screenshot of the notification you are receiving? Do you experience these symptoms if you try restarting your device in safe mode?

Call Me Bruce
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can you please provide me with a screenshot of the notification you are receiving? Do you experience these symptoms if you try restarting your device in safe mode?

Yes it happens in safe mode as well.

Screenshot10062019.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this number appear in your block list of numbers? Do you show a missed call from the number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Call Me Bruce
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much! It is a blocked number, so when you mentioned missed calls... I went into my Recent calls and removed 4 missed calls from that number, restarted my phone and not showing anymore! WooT!

@SamsungZell wrote:

Does this number appear in your block list of numbers? Do you show a missed call from the number?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! I'm so glad that my suggestion helped you to resolve the concerns. 

Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Call Me Bruce
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungZell wrote:

Awesome! I'm so glad that my suggestion helped you to resolve the concerns. 

Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

Sorry. Apparently when the phone went in and out of safe mode it fouled up my Nova Launcher settings and I accidently had the notification bar hidden. So it's not fixed and continues to show the blocked number notification on restart. : (

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It appears that the Nova Launcher may be causing the symptoms you are experiencing. If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Call Me Bruce
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam wrote:

It appears that the Nova Launcher may be causing the symptoms you are experiencing. If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Actually if you look back at my first reply to you (4 hrs ago) I had already stated that the phone does the same thing when I go into Safe Mode. So it's not a 3rd party issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for confirming that information. I would recommend wiping the cache partition of your device.

Here are the steps:

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.