cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bluetooth Car Connection Problem - Pie Update

Since I installed the Pie update on my Galaxy S8+ (AT&T) on March 29, 2019, I am having problems with the Bluetooth connection to my 2017 Jaguar F-Pace. Nuggat worked fine. Oreo worked fine. Pie does not work fine. I deleted the pairing and recreated several times with the same result.

Problems I am having:

• When I start the car the phone is connected and disconnected up to 6 times.
  • The Calls List (Recent Calls) transfer is problematic. Shows a lot of phantom calls. I cleared the recents calls list in my phone and later, with 3 calls in the list, the same phantom calls were showing up, either identified as Text Message or numbers no longer in the phone's recent list. Before the update Text Messages never showed up in the Calls List in the car.
  • Sometimes the Calls List in the car ends up with an error. See picture below.20190329_111043.jpg
  • Several times, not always, when attempting to make a call using the car's voice command, the car responds that there is no phone paired with the car even though the car's display shows otherwise.
  • Sometimes, not always, when I make a call using the car's voice command, the call is made, it rings once and then silence. A little while later I might be able to continue the call via the car system but not always.
  • Sometimes, not always, I cannot answer an incoming call with the car's Phone button even though the car's system seems to show that the phone is connected. When this happens the incoming ring comes only from the phone.

On a positive note the Contacts list and the Text Message list appear to be functioning correctly.

102 REPLIES 102
usersWt78l5nP8
Constellation

Re: Bluetooth Car Connection Problem - Pie Update

same thing happened to me.. give it some days and everything gone be fine

user8pXpAGWlMC
Cosmic Ray

Same problem.   Frustrating.   Tried with developer options to switch to AVRCP 1.3 and audio codec  SBC.  Also put on dual audio in bluetooth advance settings   Does not seem to help

user8pXpAGWlMC
Cosmic Ray

Found a solution that works. I downloaded the app called Bluetooth phonebook. Got the idea from the Samsung European forums. Since I've been using it with my Bluetooth connection I have not had my calls drop

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried  these steps? (Vehicle Bluetooth menu may vary.)

1. Turn off ignition.

2. Exit vehicle, close all the doors, DO NOT Disturb the vehicle for at least 4 minutes.

3. While waiting for step #2 to complete, uninstall Android Auto app on the customer's phone.

4. In the customer's phone, select Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced Settings [3 dots in the upper right-hand corner]> Phone ringtone sync> Toggle to OFF

5. Enter the vehicle and turn ignition on.

6. "Forget" Android Auto capable devices from the Radio:
     6.1 Select Home Screen
     6.2 Select "Settings"
     6.3 Ensure "Systems" tab is selected in the upper left
     6.4 Select "Phones"
     6.5 Locate all Android Auto devices in list
     6.6 For each device, select Edit (Pencil symbol) on the far right of device/phone name
     6.7 Tap "Forget Device"
     Note: After completing step 6.7, pair the device and Bluetooth calling will be fully operational.

7. Reinstall Android Auto.

8. Connect phone by USB and approve Android Auto permissions.

user8pXpAGWlMC
Cosmic Ray

Don't use android auto on my F pace

will try the steps and make sure ring tone sync is set off.

Will let you know

Thank you

I am not using, and never used, Android Auto. I will try the option to not sync the ringtone. 

user8pXpAGWlMC
Cosmic Ray

Tried this. So far better but I'm not sure it's the answer. Had one episode of bluetooth dropping. Will continue to monitor. Did not have these problems with oreo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please keep me posted. 

user8pXpAGWlMC
Cosmic Ray

still having these issues

this morning worked fine

Then after being parked at my office for 2 hours went back into the car

bluetooth dropped twice

Doubt it is a simple setting adjustment..