We have escalated this to our specialized team. Once we have more information we'll follow up with you directly.e have escalated this to our specialized team. Once we have more information we'll follow up with you directly.
Did you come up with a solution to this issue yet? I just purchased an S8 and I have a 2014 Ford Focus. When it updated to Pie I could no longer access contacts in my car....
I just got a brand new S10 5G and it has the same problem. Unbelievable! I have to use a stereo patch cable to listen to audio book while driving, for the first time in 10 years. On a $1400 phone! Super Fail, Samsung.
Have you tried these steps? (Vehicle Bluetooth menu may vary.)
1. Turn off ignition.
2. Exit vehicle, close all the doors, DO NOT Disturb the vehicle for at least 4 minutes.
3. While waiting for step #2 to complete, uninstall Android Auto app on the customer's phone.
4. In the customer's phone, select Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced Settings [3 dots in the upper right-hand corner]> Phone ringtone sync> Toggle to OFF
5. Enter the vehicle and turn ignition on.
6. "Forget" Android Auto capable devices from the Radio:
6.1 Select Home Screen
6.2 Select "Settings"
6.3 Ensure "Systems" tab is selected in the upper left
6.4 Select "Phones"
6.5 Locate all Android Auto devices in list
6.6 For each device, select Edit (Pencil symbol) on the far right of device/phone name
6.7 Tap "Forget Device"
Note: After completing step 6.7, pair the device and Bluetooth calling will be fully operational.
7. Reinstall Android Auto.
8. Connect phone by USB and approve Android Auto permissions.
I did the suggested steps except those related to Android Auto which I don't use. After the pairing completed I did not notice the disconnects I used to see before. A few minutes I made a couple of calls without any issues. But when I display the Calls List the same issue remains. See picture below.
Later when I go back to the Calls List I see the error screen I posted in my original message.
This, and the other problems mentioned here shows that Samsung needs to take a look at the Bluetooth functions.
I can pair my phone to my 2013 4Runner and everything is fine for a few minutes then the vehicle's screen says no bluetooth devices paired. I can re-pair my phone and the cycle continues .