cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userhtqigxvGAl
Constellation

Re: Bluetooth Car Connection Problem - Pie Update

Did you come up with a solution to this issue yet? I just purchased an S8 and I  have a 2014 Ford Focus. When it updated to Pie I could no longer access contacts in my car....

userNl1ax4BGy6
Asteroid

I just got a brand new S10 5G and it has the same problem.  Unbelievable! I have to use a stereo patch cable to listen to audio book while driving, for the first time in 10 years. On a $1400 phone!  Super Fail, Samsung. 

userdpAJoxRQQE
Cosmic Ray

Hey Samsung, do you know if Google is working on a patch for this issue? This seems to be affecting multiple car manufacturers across the board. 

@SamsungRei wrote:

Have you tried  these steps? (Vehicle Bluetooth menu may vary.)

1. Turn off ignition.

2. Exit vehicle, close all the doors, DO NOT Disturb the vehicle for at least 4 minutes.

3. While waiting for step #2 to complete, uninstall Android Auto app on the customer's phone.

4. In the customer's phone, select Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Advanced Settings [3 dots in the upper right-hand corner]> Phone ringtone sync> Toggle to OFF

5. Enter the vehicle and turn ignition on.

6. "Forget" Android Auto capable devices from the Radio:
     6.1 Select Home Screen
     6.2 Select "Settings"
     6.3 Ensure "Systems" tab is selected in the upper left
     6.4 Select "Phones"
     6.5 Locate all Android Auto devices in list
     6.6 For each device, select Edit (Pencil symbol) on the far right of device/phone name
     6.7 Tap "Forget Device"
     Note: After completing step 6.7, pair the device and Bluetooth calling will be fully operational.

7. Reinstall Android Auto.

8. Connect phone by USB and approve Android Auto permissions.

I did the suggested steps except those related to Android Auto which I don't use. After the pairing completed I did not notice the disconnects I used to see before. A few minutes I made a couple of calls without any issues. But when I display the Calls List the same issue remains. See picture below.20190403_115236.jpg

Later when I go back to the Calls List I see the error screen I posted in my original message.

This, and the other problems mentioned here shows that Samsung needs to take a look at the Bluetooth functions.

user50rLUNVkA8
Constellation

I am having the exact same issue with my Jag F-Pace. Will there be updates to correct this issue? 

userdpAJoxRQQE
Cosmic Ray

I am having the exact same issue, ever since the last update on my S8 (ATT) my car has been unable to keep a steady connection via bluetooth. My music and any phone calls keep disconnecting completely from the car then reconnecting every 10-15 seconds. I have a 2018 Jag XE.
userLI8WK4DgNX
Asteroid

+1 on this issue - at&t S8 - Jag 2017 XE
userxc5snoVfm0
Asteroid

I can pair my phone to my 2013 4Runner and everything is fine for a few minutes then the vehicle's screen says no bluetooth devices paired. I can re-pair my phone and the cycle continues . 

userVeTtof0E0F
Asteroid

I'm having problems as well. Galaxy S8 on AT&T. Installed the Android 9.0 update April 1. Car is a 2010 Lincoln MKZ. 

Observed behaviors:

1. Phone connects immediately as expected and begins playing audio. 

2. Audio plays consistently as long as I have the phone's screen on.

3. Screen times out and shortly after the audio stops playing. 

4. If I wake up the phone (power button) the audio begins playing again immediately. 

5. If I just leave the screen off, the audio will start playing again after maybe a 10-15 second pause. But it cuts out again shortly.

This is definately a problem that showed up after installing the Android 9.0 update.

I've tried the suggested troubleshooting steps. I don't use android auto (and don't have the app installed). No changes.

Please help! 

1975VW
Cosmic Ray

You need to go and toggle off (optimized apps) for the apps that you use for muzic. What is happening is the new Pie (9.0) is putting them to sleep.