cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usery9GMLStRM9
Constellation

Bluetooth connection switches devices on its own

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, I have a few Bluetooth devices I use throughout the day. However, when one comes into range my audio output will switch to that one instead of the one through which it's already playing audio.

For example, I'll have been using Bluetooth in my car while pulling up to my house. My phone will come into range of my stereo inside, connect to it and switch audio output to that without me telling it to switch. It will even do this when I'm using headphones and happen to have Bluetooth on.

So, here's my question: Is there a way to keep Bluetooth from automatically switching output to the newest connection? Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Bluetooth connection switches devices on its own

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmm, well short of forgetting one of those devices and repairing it up later, or turning off things like your stereo in the house so it's not on to pair, I'm about out of ideas. This feature was set up to make life easier and seems to do it's job.... just a bit too well.  XD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

10 REPLIES 10
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround or suggestion? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usery9GMLStRM9

Can you try going to Settings>Connections>More Connection Settings>Nearby Device Scanning. Try turning that Off so it's not always scanning and trying to quick connect.  Smiley Happy

usery9GMLStRM9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungViv wrote:

@usery9GMLStRM9

Can you try going to Settings>Connections>More Connection Settings>Nearby Device Scanning. Try turning that Off so it's not always scanning and trying to quick connect.  Smiley Happy

Just tested this and it didn't work. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmm, well short of forgetting one of those devices and repairing it up later, or turning off things like your stereo in the house so it's not on to pair, I'm about out of ideas. This feature was set up to make life easier and seems to do it's job.... just a bit too well.  XD

userb6PbwmjHRI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is this considered solved? If your only solution is to remove a paired device so that way it doesn’t switch from one device to another is ridiculous. You know how long it takes to pair a Bluetooth to an automobile when it has to download all of your contacts every time you pair and/or may require additional steps during the pairing process? If I am paired to one device the pairing should stay with that device if it is being used. For instance, if I am using a Bluetooth headset while speaking with somebody on the phone and then another member of the household decides to get into one of the vehicles that my phone is paired to the phone will disconnect from my headset and reconnect to the paired vehicle causing my phone conversation which is typically very important as I deal with insurance customer service to be unpaired from my Bluetooth headset causing the phone conversation to move to the paired vehicle which could be a problem as some of the phone conversations with customer service as I work with the insurance industry needs to be kept private. You need a way to set priorities within the phone switching system so that way we can set for instance in my case the headset as the priority Bluetooth device. And/or a way to turn off automatic switching.

user2CywwnufLF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed. This is an important capability to have as i face this problem all the time and would like more control of when and how a device switches over 

user0Sv640pG64
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is so irritating and has been a problem since the beginning and samsung has done nothing. There is no way some employee is not irritated by this or had this happen. How is it more people are not annoyed by the continued switching of blue tooth devices. Was trying to listen to a song on my phone and it kept connecting to different devices when I just wanted it through my phone. This is such an easy fix that it is ridiculous it is still a problem. It is not a very smart switch if it only ever switches when I dont want it to.......did no one in programming think this through? And again how is it solved if it is not fixed or have a solution?

user0Sv640pG64
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I actually found a temporary solution. Go to devices and hit the setting gear next to the device. In there you see a option to turn off "for media audio" and it will not connect to the device again until you select it. So far this is working.

userPiQobYXowE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're my hero