cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMprbdkeJQ9
Constellation

Re: Bluetooth patch update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's funny. It's now January 2018. I just purchased a S8+ and the Bluetooth is awful. If this is the improved functionality....I'm returneding the phone.

meilton
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMprbdkeJQ9 wrote:

That's funny. It's now January 2018. I just purchased a S8+ and the Bluetooth is awful. If this is the improved functionality....I'm returneding the phone.

Agreed. My bluetooth is still choppy, but it seems to be worse when I'm in open spaces like outside or at the gym. 

userK7WgPtOdO5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

February 2018 and my S8 on Verizon still cannot maintain a connection with my car (2005 Forester)  or smart connect hearing aids.  No problems with an aftermarket Jabra device that is much older than the Forester or eau ally old Plantronics ear buds.  I do not have a garbling issue. Just frequent disconnects.  In the Forester, it consistently disconnects for 20 seconds and then resumes; meanwhile, the stream kept playing so 20 seconds of content have been missed unless you rewind - - not ideal when driving.  Build NRD90M. G950USQS2BQLA1

userdpWKBM9tZQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still have this connectivity problem even though samsung support went into my phone settings and could not fix this issue. 

userppFxRRr5nA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since a system update a couple of months ago, I have had issues connecting to my 2017 Chevy Traverse and my Fitbit Alta. I had no problems before. I have to unpair and pair to both just to get connectivity each time. 

User Paul
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungViv wrote:

The problem with announcing things like that is the update would be pushed out by carriers. Most carriers (to limit the strain on their servers) push out updates when a few fixes or changes are all ready. So some might take a bit longer than others making it hard for Samsung to know exactly when the pushes will come.

I have really choppy bluetooth audio on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and it's super frustrating. Just bought it off Amazon on Prime day and the phone says that all the updates are current with mu carrier T-Mobile. The version I have is G950O1UEU1AQE3. T-Mobile has an update on July 8, but it doesn't mention Bluetooth and doesn't look the same as my version. How do I get the Bluetooth patch?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userww8rsaajZH

Looks like your device wasn't originally a T-Mobile device. This sounds like the perfect opportunity to use Smart Switch! When downloaded onto your computer you can use the program to update the device as long as that update was pushed out to your device at one point. You can see more about this program here on our site: http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

technicaljbb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Bluetooth headphones (Skullcandy Uproar) worked perfectly with my previous phone, but they don't always work properly with my S8.

When I power the headphones on, they always connect to the phone - but my podcasts and music don't always play through them. If I pull down the settings menu and tap "Uproar Wireless", then "Connected device settings", I find that the "Media audio" slider is usually set to the off position. When I tap this slider, it frequently turns on for a second then back off; it usually takes 3 or 4 tries to get it to stay on.

I have tried unpairing and repairing the headphones and the phone, and I have checked and confirmed that there are no software updates available for my S8. Any suggestions?

Alternatively, any indication whether the current patch described in this post has rolled out to Telus in Canada yet?

userVxywiaIMZi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having problems (choppy audio/static) with a Tenergy headset.  I have an S8+ with AT&T.  My Omron blood pressure monitor will also not pair with my phone.  As others have said, both of these products did (and still do) work fine with an iPhone 5.  Has the bluetooth update been pushed out by AT&T?  If not, when will it be pushed out?

Highlighted
User Paul
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@User Paul wrote:

@SamsungViv wrote:

The problem with announcing things like that is the update would be pushed out by carriers. Most carriers (to limit the strain on their servers) push out updates when a few fixes or changes are all ready. So some might take a bit longer than others making it hard for Samsung to know exactly when the pushes will come.

I have really choppy bluetooth audio on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and it's super frustrating. Just bought it off Amazon on Prime day and the phone says that all the updates are current with mu carrier T-Mobile. The version I have is G950O1UEU1AQE3. T-Mobile has an update on July 8, but it doesn't mention Bluetooth and doesn't look the same as my version. How do I get the Bluetooth patch?

Just to reply to my old post that my issue with Bluetooth on the GS8 is resolved after I received an update from Samsung. I'm now running Build Number NRD90M.G950U1UEU1AQH3. I don't recall exactly when I received the update. The kernel is dated Aug 8, 2017 and after applying it the Bluetooth choppy issue went away completely.