cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biff91
Asteroid

Brightness Level

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy S8. I need my brightness level to be all the way up. I set it but for some reason the system(?) keeps turning it back down. I am blind in one eye and the other one is not that good. I set the brightness level at it's highest level so I can see better. Is there a way to stop the system from turning it back down? Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ashlyna
Astronaut

Perhaps adaptive brightness is on. It adjusts to the ligh...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Perhaps adaptive brightness is on. It adjusts to the light and that may not be convenient for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Brightness Level

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Biff91 Doe you know if you adaptive brightness is turned on in your settings?

Biff91
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungQue wrote:

@Biff91 Doe you know if you adaptive brightness is turned on in your settings?

My adaptive brightness is not turned on. I checked it to be sure. I turned it on just to check it and the brightness level immediately dropped so it unchecked the box and reset the level again.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Biff91 Does this happen in safe mode?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are using optimized battery settings, change it to high performance mode and test it out 

ashlyna
Astronaut

Perhaps adaptive brightness is on. It adjusts to the ligh...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Perhaps adaptive brightness is on. It adjusts to the light and that may not be convenient for you.

View solution in original post

Biff91
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Using the advice I got from everyone, I made adjustments and so far it is working. Thanks to you all.

userj1yTr3Tebc
Constellation

As a longtime Samsung user at this point in time my phone...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As a longtime Samsung user at this point in time my phone is not working good I have a Samsung Galaxy 8 plus and I cannot afford another phone I've been using Samsung for many years and I'm trying to get a phone because I need one I'm even a United States veteran Marine corps I served in Kuwait and through all this cannot even get help I'm not saying that I should get what I want because of my service but I should at least get some type of help thank you so much for listening to me

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: As a longtime Samsung user at this point in time my phone...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, what symptoms are you experiencing with your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.