cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Call volume

The call volume on my galaxy s8 is too low. You cannot hear at all. If using speaker or headphones it's fine but on-call volume is almost silent. I have tried a soft reset and it did not help.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Call volume

Same happened to me after the update. Cannot hear anything on the speaker either. Music, WhatsApp, Insta, everything is too low

Highlighted
Asteroid

Im having the same issue with the volume on my S8 and as if I already didnt have a hearing problem. The phone is almost inoperable talking and have resorted to text.

But whats the point of having a phone u cant hear anyone on??

please update post a possible solution for fixing this issue

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this symptom occur when the device is in safe mode? Have you recently updated your device? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem, In October 2019, my s8 had extremely low call volume.  ATT support had me default, clear cash, safe mode to no success.  they ended up sending me a replacement recertified phone. 

Now less than one year later,  IT seems ATT pushed an update to my phone and guess what, problems back, Low call volume, so low it's not usable unless on speaker.  Exact same issue as last S8+ after the update. 

Called ATT AGAIN and now since my phones now out of warranty they wil not help me, said to buy a new phone.

So SAMSUNG?   WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? I am considering legal help and contacting the BBB, you are costing us money on an already overpriced device that seems ti Fail after a forced update.  meaning your broke my phone I'm not paying for it.   PLEASE take this issue seriously unless of course, you did it on purpose? 

your response wil help me decide legal action or just go to APPLE and give up on Samsung. 

Highlighted
Constellation

If your still having problems this should help.

You'll need dental floss pick use sharp end and can of air. SOFTLY rub pick end across mic and then use can air to get rid of debris. BE GENTLE. If you used liquid cover it will over time collect into mic.