cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xAmyx
Asteroid

Re: Caller ID and S.p.a.m. Protection turning off since Android Pie Update

I just installed new software & security update a few days ago. I still had to turn mine back on a few minutes ago. I'm using S8+

userttFZzQTlG7
Constellation

Are you still having this issue?

My caller I'd stopped also, I thought it was a carrier issue , butvthey all have caller I'd now....#whasup~~~pPp.

BacchusJr
Asteroid

Yes, I went to Verizon. Since my S8 is unlocked from the factory, they said this is a Samsung issue and not there's.

I have stated before, there is not a "Call Protect" app. There is only a Call and Call Provider. So, I cannot stop or disable it. Also, why would I want it disabled? I want it! I just wish it worked like it did on Android 8.

mine still shuts off, on newest update, and i have no "call protect" system app.

Phone is an S8 SM-G950U1

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@kirbyonwarpstar Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

yes, @SamsungQue I have tried learing the cache, however that did not solve the problem:

ID and Sp@m protection option on -> recovery mode -> clear cache -> reboot -> ID and Sp@m protection option still shuts off

ID and Sp@m protection option off -> recovery mode -> clear cache -> reboot -> ID and Sp@m protection option still shuts off

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give this a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Thanks for the specific instructions on cache clearing @SamsungAdam!

However, as my previous post says, " I have tried cearing the cache, however that did not solve the problem"

RenDC
Constellation

What worked for me was going to settings > apps > phone > change system settings > (no) Good luck!

BacchusJr
Asteroid

To be clear, this is still happening, and according to replies in this thread, I'm not the only person with this issue.

THIS IS NOT A CARRIER ISSUE!!! My phone was UNLOCKED from the factory! And while I had to be on a carrier to get the update (WHY??? Motorola used to let you do it via the internet!!!), the version of PIE I got IS NOT Verizon branded!

Why would you build this into one version of Android, leave the option available in the new OS version, only to have it magically turn itself off.

Honestly, it is rarely the big things that turn people off to vendors. It is the small stuff. Like poor support...