cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKLab2xllU5
Asteroid

Camera App Crashing after new Software Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have recently gotten the new software update on my Galaxy S8. However, the camera app keeps crashing after the new update. When I use the "Pro Camera" feature on the new updated camera app, the camera app stops working and the screen goes black. I have messaged Samsung already, but despite following the expert's steps, my camera app keeps crashing. The expert then told me that Samsung could replace or repair my phone.

I then called Samsung directly, but the man on the other side of the phone told me that there was nothing he could do but remove the update or having to continue use the faulty app.

I do not want to remove the update, but I cannot continue to use the camera app when it keeps crashing. 

Is there any possiblity I could replace my phone? I don't want to continue using this phone when it is such a hassle to try and use the camera app. 

Thank you. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Camera App Crashing after new Software Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKLab2xllU5 You would open the camera app. You should see the settings icon on the upper left of the screen> reset settings

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKLab2xllU5 Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Full Model Code
  • IMEI Number
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKLab2xllU5 Thank you for that information. Do you remember all troubleshooting steps have you tried in regards to this issue?

userKLab2xllU5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The expert made me turn my phone into safe mode, but that did not help regards to the issue. When I called Samsung, the man told me I could remove the update or keep using the update with the glitch. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKLab2xllU5 Did they have you try to reset the settings inside the camera app?

userKLab2xllU5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do you do that? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKLab2xllU5 You would open the camera app. You should see the settings icon on the upper left of the screen> reset settings

usercJsmIIyef2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine does not even respond when I click on settings it simply goes off 

@SamsungQue wrote:

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercJsmIIyef2 Have you tried going to settings, apps, camera, and force stopping and clearing the cache and data?

usercJsmIIyef2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried it all nothing seem to work 

@SamsungAdam wrote:

@usercJsmIIyef2 Have you tried going to settings, apps, camera, and force stopping and clearing the cache and data?