Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userm6uePqgs5w
Astronaut

Re: Camera Not Focusing and Blurry Photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All,

this seems to be a common fault.

The camera would intermittently not focus, checked all settings, power off and on etc etc. To temporarily fix it immediately, I would have to tap/shake the phone. Pretty annoying.

I am responding from Sydney Australia. I first notified Samsung of the fault 5 days after purchasing the phone, they advised that it had to be assessed by a Samsung Service Centre. After the assessment, I was advised that the fault cannot be fixed now and will be fixed with the next software update. I was given a $100 Visa debit card for my troubles.

I will wait for the next software update.

userU22YLkZBNO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi hope u r ok nd thanks for your help... ive the same issue..camera take some time to focus.can say a minute or so... but close focus is pretty good... i have this problem after i had last update few days ago... and i tried every thing but nothing is working..nd i cant do factory reset..as i have tons of apps nd business stuff in my phone.. nd dont have any other device so i can save all of my pics nd videos which arw alot..u can say ive used around 50gb.. plz help me out if u have any solution..thanks

userySO0soG34Q
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just read to open the cam and then shake it and it worked lol!! Thank you so much!! Try it!!

user9qC9jjpbtU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just sorted mine lightly tap the top right hand corner on back of phone on a table and it sorted it some how was stuck in macro mode 

userkH2FaXBryl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you are in canera mode shake the phone and it will focus. Not too sure why this is but I was having the same problem with mine.  Kept resetting it and that didn't work either.

No joke. Shake the phone whilst in camera mode.

Hope it helps.

userhvucu8lw66
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the same issue on my S8+. Just phoned Samsung and the advisor had a "magic trick" which actually worked! as strange as it sounds, open the camera and firmly shake side to side.

It worked for me so hopefully, it will work for you!

userbBL3O4P0O6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Shake your phone while on camera screen. Enjoy your camera again 

userGFSGBOdWXW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I think this maybe a software problem. I have deleted data in all bixby apps on phone as i thought bixby vision was interfering with the camera. Do not log back into bixby, i don't use it so this isn't a problem for me. My phone camera now works without the need to shake it to refocus.
userYS4KuUg2cd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this problem a few times and now when it happens i give the screen a hard tap with my fingers and it focuses properly again lol

userXuEIbVNyT2
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there.

I also have the same issue.

I am using this phone since last three months.

I worked fine for about 2 months but then this started to happen.

The back camera get blurry most of the time.

I have tried reset settings, clearing

cache and restarting but nothing helped.

Please help me out in this