cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MX270
Asteroid

Can't Update Google Play apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having an issue where I cannot update any apps from the Google Play store. I have tried disabling them reenabling and force stopping the device manager, which had worked in the past. Also I have restarted my phone. Does anyone have any solutions to this issue? Thanks in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't Update Google Play apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you verified if your google play store is up to date, then once it's up to date, force stop, and clear cache and data?

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @MX270, thank you for providing the steps you have completed.

Have you tried clearing the cache of your Google play store and then restarting?

You can follow this pathway below.

Settings>Applications>Google Play store>Storage>Clear cache and then restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MX270
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is one thing that I have not done so far. I will try that now, thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for responding with that information.

You are very welcome. Definitely give that a try as it will clear any unnecessary data that could be causing your issue. 

Keep us posted on the results as we are here to help!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userLoBcsYrGo3
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. I cleared ask the cache from every app, shut down/restart my device and get the same problem. I've done this every day and nothing changed. I still cannot update my apps.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userLoBcsYrGo3, were you able to try force stopping the application, and then clearing the cache for specifically the Google play application using the above steps?

userLoBcsYrGo3
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it didn't help. Still can't update apps.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you force stop and clear the cache of the Google Play Store, you also need to do the same for Google Play Services.

userMvANhNFAii
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have the same issue, even if I tryied to download new app its staies in the queue.

I have tried all the steps mentioned and it didnt help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you verified if your google play store is up to date, then once it's up to date, force stop, and clear cache and data?