cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userr63Od6IQFX
Astronaut

Re: Can't connect to server error after update 10/17/19

They did a update this morning  and it did not stop the issue. I'm hope they figure it our soon 

Samsung_EaSKbrN
Astronaut

You just gotta drop at&t as your carrier their actually really bad

userd4eIOshltu
Constellation

It seems that turning advanced messaging off through message settings worked for me havent seen the pop up in about 2 hours now. 

I previously tried resetting my networking options as well as wiping cache and none of that worked.

Once I turned off advanced message settings the pop up went away.. I cant speak to issues with group messaging while on wifi calling though (picture messages,gifs and even just regular group text messages wont come in while on wifi calling) I havent had any group messages tonight to confirm the fix but i hope it has.

I do have AT&t service if that helps any samsung employees fix this as I would like to use advanced message settings.

**** update within 12 hours the messages came back and continues to pop up .. still with issues downloading picture messages in group messages as well while on wifi calling. Used the new update as of 10/18/19 no difference.  Please fix this.

user6rLYaUspPn
Astronaut

Same thing happened to my AT&T S9. I haven't tried resetting network connections.

I think that is silly that we have to do that after a code error with the latest update. It doesn't bother me enough to make me reenter all of my saved data and bluetooth connections. Glad that's a resolution though. 

There was another update on 10/19/19 that I thought would take care of it, but it didn't.

Vkina
Star

Is the problem solved?

userOgelTE01iQ
Constellation

I have the same issue. I've called at&t multiple times. They are now telling me it's on Samsungs end so I contacted them and they basically told me to wait for a new update to show up to fix it. They also sent me an email with trouble shooting tips to try to fix it. This is so annoying!!!

userF5v6OtjZh9
Constellation

Hey All!

I have the Note 8 and this all started after the previous update. I just received the most recent update a few nights ago and I'm getting the same "Cannot Connect to Server" error no matter what app I'm using. It pops up just about every 10-15 sec, I've read through all the posts and tried wiping cache, resetting network, turned off Advanced Messaging, etc. I refuse to go back to the factory settings because 1. I shouldn't have to 2. I'm not resetting everything in my phone again. Is there someone from Samsung that can reply to these posts and assist on this matter? This would be considered a software issue, so it would be Samsung we would talk to. 

I really hope we can find a solution to this problem because its been interfering with my everyday use. Personally, I've despised Pie since it came out and I think that was a bad move on Samsung's end. I loved all the features and interface Samsung had to offer, not this Google look-alike. Oreo was a great UI and if I had my way, I'd go back to it in a heart beat. Just sayin...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello everyone,

Anyone that is having this connection to server error message, Please send a private message here http://bit.ly/2GGYul4 providing the following information so we can send this up to our Specialized team.Thank you.

Model Number:

IMEI Number:
Build Number:
Android Version:
Service Provider:

Amoreaux
Constellation

My note 9 is having the same problem

userWgDfNkjfMK
Astronaut

I am having this issue too! Mine just started yesterday and I think my update was 3 days ago.  I have a G9 on AT&T. 

If I have to do a factory reset to fix it, then I'll be selling the phone at that point and switching to an Apple!