cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdpM08fuwQK
Constellation

Can't connect to server error after update 10/17/19

My S8 just did an update last night and now I keep getting this grey bar that keeps popping up no matter what I'm doing saying it can't connect to server.  Checked with At&T and they had me do a network reset but it didn't affect it.  After logging in and out it gave me a message about setting up wifi calling again but when I press on that I get the spin of death and constant repeat of the can not connect to server error.   At&T said to try factory reset but that's just not cool.  Nothing has been changed or added to my phone before or since this update and there is no network issue so it's from the update.  Code needs to be fixed and pushed out to users to avoid the hassle of factory resetting a phone.

 

33 REPLIES 33
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't connect to server error after update 10/17/19


@userdpM08fuwQK wrote:

My S8 just did an update last night and now I keep getting this grey bar that keeps popping up no matter what I'm doing saying it can't connect to server.  Checked with At&T and they had me do a network reset but it didn't affect it.  After logging in and out it gave me a message about setting up wifi calling again but when I press on that I get the spin of death and constant repeat of the can not connect to server error.   At&T said to try factory reset but that's just not cool.  Nothing has been changed or added to my phone before or since this update and there is no network issue so it's from the update.  Code needs to be fixed and pushed out to users to avoid the hassle of factory resetting a phone.

 


There were some threads about ATT's phones with similar issues and Advanced messaging problems as well.

If you go to stock messages app and turn off advanced messaging in the app's settings.  Restart you device. 


Reply
Loading...
userdpM08fuwQK
Constellation

Re: Can't connect to server error after update 10/17/19

I'm sorry I have no clue what this means.  I happens with everything on the phone.  Every couple minutes the error pops up.  


@Charkatak wrote:

@userdpM08fuwQK wrote:

My S8 just did an update last night and now I keep getting this grey bar that keeps popping up no matter what I'm doing saying it can't connect to server.  Checked with At&T and they had me do a network reset but it didn't affect it.  After logging in and out it gave me a message about setting up wifi calling again but when I press on that I get the spin of death and constant repeat of the can not connect to server error.   At&T said to try factory reset but that's just not cool.  Nothing has been changed or added to my phone before or since this update and there is no network issue so it's from the update.  Code needs to be fixed and pushed out to users to avoid the hassle of factory resetting a phone.

 


There were some threads about ATT's phones with similar issues and Advanced messaging problems as well.

If you go to stock messages app and turn off advanced messaging in the app's settings.  Restart you device. 


 

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't connect to server error after update 10/17/19


@userdpM08fuwQK wrote:

I'm sorry I have no clue what this means.  I happens with everything on the phone.  Every couple minutes the error pops up.  


@Charkatak wrote:

@userdpM08fuwQK wrote:

My S8 just did an update last night and now I keep getting this grey bar that keeps popping up no matter what I'm doing saying it can't connect to server.  Checked with At&T and they had me do a network reset but it didn't affect it.  After logging in and out it gave me a message about setting up wifi calling again but when I press on that I get the spin of death and constant repeat of the can not connect to server error.   At&T said to try factory reset but that's just not cool.  Nothing has been changed or added to my phone before or since this update and there is no network issue so it's from the update.  Code needs to be fixed and pushed out to users to avoid the hassle of factory resetting a phone.

 


There were some threads about ATT's phones with similar issues and Advanced messaging problems as well.

If you go to stock messages app and turn off advanced messaging in the app's settings.  Restart you device. 


 


@userdpM08fuwQK 

Are you using the messages app that came with your phone?  If yes, then open it, then tap 3 dots and go to settings.  In there look for Advanced messaging toggle and turn it off.  Restart your device and see if you get the error again.  If you still have the issue, then turn the toggle to on again.

 

If the above didn't do anything to fix the issues, do the following:

Wipe cache partition:

1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4) An 'Installing system update' message will show for some seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6) Press Power key to select.
7) Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8) When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9) Press the Power key to restart the device.


Reply
Loading...
usersXTErn1s9o
Asteroid

Re: Can't connect to server error after update 10/17/19

I did that and it did not fix my phone.  Still getting the pop ups even though I am connected to my wife fi

Reply
Loading...
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't connect to server error after update 10/17/19

@usersXTErn1s9o 

Alright try one more thing:

 

Go to settings > connections > more connection settings > reset network connections. This will reset your known wifi networks and make you re-pair bluetooth devices, but you can just reconnect again.  Restart device


Reply
Loading...
usersXTErn1s9o
Asteroid

Re: Can't connect to server error after update 10/17/19

I tried everything on my S8..still get the pop up.  Making me crazy

Reply
Loading...
userN5XwXcSfx2
Astronaut

Re: Can't connect to server error after update 10/17/19

Unfortunately this didn't work for me 🙁

Reply
Loading...
userhZBxZ4Y0km
Asteroid

Re: Can't connect to server error after update 10/17/19

That didn't work at all. 

Reply
Loading...
userhZBxZ4Y0km
Asteroid

Re: Can't connect to server error after update 10/17/19

Didn't work either. 

Reply
Loading...