cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyW
Asteroid

Can't delete Google Search Bar history

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think that I reviewed all of the instructions on my new Galaxy S8+, but I can't delete the search history that appears below my Google Search Bar, as in the screenshot. I follopwed all of the instructions in Settings>Google>Personal info & privacy, including Search Settings>Search History. Still, the history below my bar page remains. Did I miss something? Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Can't delete Google Search Bar history

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What you have in your screenshot are the ones tredning in your area. not the ones that you searched. so the ones with clock icon in front of the word or sentence from that list are only thing that is in the history. hope this clarifies.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What you have in your screenshot are the ones tredning in your area. not the ones that you searched. so the ones with clock icon in front of the word or sentence from that list are only thing that is in the history. hope this clarifies.

View solution in original post

JimmyW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks very much!  Yes, when I press an entry, it is identified as a "trending" search in my area.  So, if I understand, the enrtries with the squiggly arrow are trending searches.  I guess I don't care about them, though I'd prefer that they don't appear. 

On a related note, I had accidentally removed the Google Search Bar that appeared when I got my phone.  Now, I cannot type a search string in the box that you saw in my screenshot.  When I tap in the box in anticipation of entering a string, a browser page opens to the Google site.  Previously, I could type in the box and search from there.  That search box is the only one in my Google widgets.