cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Can't get blue light filter to turn OFF

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got an s8 that had blue light filter on before the latest update. I've since tried turning it off and  although it shows "off" my screen still turns yellow every day at the same time!! HELP! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Can't get blue light filter to turn OFF

JUMP TO SOLUTION

are you using a different launcher; I think mine occured after i re-downloaded microsoft launcher. I had an auto bluelight setting at 8 0'clock and on my new phone (completely different brand) my phone automatically goes blue light filter at 8 (despite having that setting off). I deleted the launcher but it still occurs and i think thats what did it.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, just checking in. Do you still need help with this?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately that didn't fix it. I've tried turning on and off, setting the timer for a certain time and absolutely nothing has fixed it. 

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userH9YD6q8NZF wrote:

Unfortunately that didn't fix it. I've tried turning on and off, setting the timer for a certain time and absolutely nothing has fixed it. 

usually if you have high contrast turned on in settings it turns yellow.  see if you have color lens turned on, if not go to adaptive display settings and advanced then try sliders to change tint. last suggestion factory data reset AND/OR seek warranty echange. sure hope after a reset its not blue filter if you do FDR. AAre by chance using nova launcher prime ?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't turn off the blue light filter on my Galaxy s8 plus launcher Nova prime. Will you please help me find a solution.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the exact same problem on my note 8. Did you ever find a solution?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Problem solved
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same problem. Did you do the factory reset? Did it help? Every night, at 10pm, the screen turns orange, and I can't do anything about it. I've tried everything except the factory reset.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok so I figured it out! Turns out that I somehow activated the night light setting in my Google books. I feel like a total dummy lol

Once I turned that off I haven't had any trouble since!